New to the jeep thing need some help

mjk11890

hey i just turned 16 and got a jeep cherokee i want to lift it and do some things to it but dont know where to start??? anyone wanna help me get going?

Ok what are your driving plans(all on road, occassionally offroad, trails every weekend)? Also how much money are you willing to drop into this xj of yours? I got my yj when i turned 16 for $4,300 and from then till now(I'm 18 now) i've put almost twice that into it(not including the original buying). Once you start modding them it adds up very quickly and one mod just leads to another. A lift leads to larger tires which of course leads to larger axles that of course have to have lockers in them but only after you've regeared and put an electric fan on for more power. Get my drift? If you want a nice looking xj that's still very road manageable, but can handle most trails, look at RubiconExpress 3.5 to 4.5 lifts(http://www.jeepinoutfitters.com/scripts/prodView.asp?idproduct=218) or a Rusty's(http://rustysoffroad.com/mm5/mercha...s&Product_Code=405AL&Category_Code=sus_xj_kit) with a decent set of 31's. As i stated i don't have an xj so maybe I'm not the best help but maybe someone else will pipe up. Welcome to the site and good luck with whatever you decide to do.

Lot's of good advice there from Red. Also, as he said, there are lots of people on here that will be happy to give you as much information as you need to make an informed decision. Ultimately, it comes down to what's in your pocket. My advice is not to lift it right away. Get used to it as it is first, figure out it's mannerisms and capabilities, and develop a safe, sensible driving style. Once you've done that and wheeled it for a while, you'll be better able to see what improvements and modifications are right for you and your Jeep.

Oh, yeah, Welcome to Jeepz! I'm sure you'll like it here!

Just having the jeep stock it will do a lot more than you think it can. Once you can start pushing it's limits, then you're doing some rough wheelin'. They really can do a lot without any modifications.

8) Welcome to the life. It's like the mafia, once you're in, you can't get out!8)

Back