2008 Jeep Wrangler TK

southtj

Motor Trend has a spy shot of the new Wrangler although it is completly covered so it's hard to tell what it looks like but they had this to say about it.

Motor Trend said:
After years of showing concepts for what the next Wrangler could look like, including the memorable all-wheel-steer, twin-Hemi Hurricane, Jeep is preparing to unveil the production model. The "TK" Wrangler draws heavily on the styling from the Gladiator pickup concept, giving crisp edges to a very heritage-rich design. Building on the success of the Wrangler Unlimited, and great reaction to the Jeep Dakar concept, the TK will launch as a two-door model to be followed by a four-door variant. Base engine is expected to be a 2.4L I-4, with the Liberty-sourced 3.7L V-6 replacing (finally!) the long-lived 4.0L inline six. The longer-wheelbase model is expected to be offered with a 4.7L V-8, giving it greater hill climbing and towing ability. While rumors circulate about the Wrangler moving to an independent front suspension, we expect this Trail Rated icon to continue to use solid axles, front and rear. So, the formula remains the same, but the new Wrangler promises to gain some much needed refinement without losing its rugged charm.

Good to hear they're thinking about offering the 4banger again! When they dropped it in the '07s, I was greatly disappointed.............gettin' away from thier roots! 4Bangers RULE!!!

I don't understand....I thought they released the "new" Wranglers in '07. :? What's the deal with releasing another "new" Wrangler in '08? :?|

Yep, just stop by your local Jeep dealer to see what they look like. The article is referring to the 2007 JK; its just old and from before all the details were announced. Its talking about replacing the straight 6, new 4 door model, etc.

Back