What brand of Ice Cream?

90Xjay

I just was wondering if any other professional ice cream eaters were on Jeepz:purple: :purple: :purple:

Almost every region of the country has a local or regional brand that is popular.
I know most of the national brands, like Ben & Jerrys and frankly, I they don't really blow my socks off.

We have a very popular brand here called Blue Bell and for my money you can't beat the Dutch Chocolate or the Pistachio Almond

what are some of your brands and favorite flavors??

oh yeah, and do you take yours in a bowl by itself or with toppings or like me with cold mild poured over top, so when you get down to just a little left, you just turn the bowl up and (00) (00) (00) (00) (00)

Blue bell rocks, cant get it here in Ohio. I first met Blue Bell when I lived in Arkansas. Blue Bell is everything Ben & whats his name wish they could be. Any flavor of Blue bell will do but plain vanila works real nice for me.

Oh, yeah, Blue Bell is da bomb! I can't think of the brand right now, perhaps it's Blue Bell, perhaps not, but my favorite flavor is Bunny Tracks. It's vanilla with big chunks of chocolate and bunny-shaped chocolate covered peanut butter pieces.

Currently, however, I'm hooked on Nestle's Drumsticks, in the original flavor of vanilla. If you're not familiar, they are a vanilla ice cream in a waffle cone dipped in dark chocolate and peanuts. I'm up to 2 a night now, occasionally 3. I won't say how many I eat on a weekend, but let's just say if wasn't for my addiction I could buy a new set of tires for the Jeep in a couple of months. :D

Anybody familiar with Coldstone Creamery? I know they're up here in Michigan, and I've seen them in Virginia... We also have a place called Ray's, in Royal Oak, homemade ice cream in a very authentic soda-shop feeling building... Good stuff.

Whoops, almost forgot... Cook's Farm Dairy out near Ortonville, 3rd generation family of farmers, and man oh man do they make good ice cream. Moose Tracks (or the other-named version of same, as that's a copyright) would have to be one of my all time favourites... Vanilla ice cream with peanut butter cups and a nice thick ripple of Mackinac Island Fudge throughout...

Last edited:

We have a Cold Stone Store here.
It's good, but it's high dollar8)

Sparky, that Bunny Tracks sounds good. I sometimes take Reeces Peanut Butter Cups and cut them up and put them on top of Vanilla ice cream.
mmmmm

Do you all have your favorite ice cream bowl?

My wife threw mine out or took it for the travel trailer:?|

I love having a medium sized plastic mixing bowl to eat out of with the pour dimple in it. No metal or ceramic bowls, they freeze your hands while your eating.

Chili pot... A little dish that's designed for chili, it's stoneware, with two little handles, looks like a little ceramic cauldron... Perfect amount of ice cream, and the little handles keep your hands from freezing to it...

So, now that my morning coffee's in me, I just read over everything again... Bunny Tracks sounds like a version of Moose Tracks to me (or Mackinac Tracks)... From what I was told, somebody copyrighted Moose Tracks, so there was a scramble to change the names...

Bunny Tracks? Sounds like the bunny pooped in your ice cream! :purple: We have Coldstones here. Personnally, I like any kind of good brand ice cream as long as it's not the cheap stuff. My wife swears it's just as good, but I can taste the difference. I don't care if it is 2 for a dollar! I'll spend a few extra bucks for the flavor.

Bunny Tracks? Sounds like the bunny pooped in your ice cream! :purple: We have Coldstones here. Personnally, I like any kind of good brand ice cream as long as it's not the cheap stuff. My wife swears it's just as good, but I can taste the difference. I don't care if it is 2 for a dollar! I'll spend a few extra bucks for the flavor.

talk about cheap... :(
A couple of weeks ago, we took the kids for a country drive on a Sunday afternoon. This little country store had re-opened under new owners and as we looked from the intersection, they had a big sign. "TRY OUR SOFT SERVE"

we went in and bought 4 waffle cones full of that crap.
I swear it was a powder mix that tasted like vegetable oil and vanilla flavor.
It wouldn't melt like ice cream, just sat there. IT was sooo bad my kids wouldn't eat it. We got up to leave and left all four of them on the table, bought a soda on the way out to wash out mouths out, the owner looked over there and never responded.

I've had ice cream at Chinese Buffets that tasted better than that, imitation ice cream.:x

Carvelle's in Florida is some great stuff!!! They also make great "ice cream cakes" for birthdays and such.................I miss Carvelle ice cream.:( :(

My favorites, not necessarily in order of preference:

Bryers Vanilla - The old standby. I've been eating (and loving) this flavor since childhood. If all else fails, it is in every grocery store in the USA and it is good, simple ice cream. It is the standard by which all vanilla ice cream should be judged.

Baskin-Robbins Peanut Butter Ripple - (an extremely dark chocolate ice cream with real peanut butter swirled throughout in thick layers). This is near ice cream perfection.

Carmens Blueberry Waffle Cone - Just when I thought I had a lifelong favorite in the last one above, I move to York County and experience this gem of an ice cream. A vanilla as good as Bryers, but a little lighter and has real blueberries and prices of the old-skool type waffle cones in it. You can hurt yourself eating this stuff... the lighter vanilla base is deceptive - I've seen it happen and it ain't pretty. It should have a warning label. I'm pretty sure this stuff is only available locally but I could be wrong.

Finally, a family member makes homemade banana ice cream. I get to have this stuff once every couple years when I see her. There is really nothing like homemade that's done right. She does it right ;)

There ya go... now who else besides me is making a bee-line for the freezer?

Last edited:
I'm partial to the Turkey Hill brand of ice cream... and many flavors of it. Among my favorites are cookies and cream, mint cookies and cream, chocolate chip cookie dough, and neopolitian.

If you ever get the chance to visit Penn State University's Main Campus, stop by The Creamery. Their ice cream made on-site by the students and faculty enrolled in the ice cream sciences courses. Peachy Paterno is a local favorite up there.

Turkey Hill......needs a different name

I hear that and I think of cranberry and mashed potato ice cream:)

Turkey Hill......needs a different name

I hear that and I think of cranberry and mashed potato ice cream:)

Turkey Hill is a chain of convenience stores, hence the name. As much turkey hunting goes on in PA the name is a winner 'round here ;)

I think "Bunny Tracks" comes from Blue Bunny ice cream.

We have Coldstone Creamery here as well. They are top dollar!

As I am getting older and my blood glucose levels are getting high, so I can no longer have regular ice cream on a regular basis. So, I have grown (groan?) to like Dreyer's Slow Churned. Several flavors with reduced ingredients.

Breyers makes a sugar free fruit juice bar that is really delicious but is also quite expensive.

Did I mention that I ran 42.5 miles last week?

Like I said... The blood glucose is getting higher and higher. Running is one of the only ways that I have to control it.

Grease? Nah... Too high in fat...

Back