NVASION USA
Congressional posse rides to help jailed border agents
Tancredo amendment would cut funds keeping Ramos, Compean behind bars
Posted: July 24, 2007
1:00 a.m. Eastern

By Jerome R. Corsi
© 2007 WorldNetDaily.com

Rep. Tom Tancredo, R-Colo.
Rep. Tom Tancredo, R-Colo., plans to introduce an amendment tomorrow intended to get former U.S. Border Patrol agents Ignacio Ramos and Jose Compean released from prison immediately.

Tancredo, a candidate for the Republican presidential nomination, plans to attach his amendment to H.R. 3093, the appropriations bill for the Departments of Commerce, Justice and Science, stating that none of the funds may be used to carry out the 11- and 12-year sentences imposed respectively on Ramos and Compean by the U.S. District Court for the Western District of Texas.

"Americans have been waiting months for the president to right this wrong, and I am not going to wait any longer," Tancredo said in a press release. "It's time that the Congress took matters into its own hands."

whole story

This is something that has made my blood boil!!! I don't know why Bush hasn't done anything about this. These guys DESERVE a pardon!!! :evil:

What were the boarder partol agents convicted of to be jailed? The "Whole Story" link doesn't work for me due to filters on this computer.

I'm not sure how legal or effective Rep. Tom Tancredo's proposed amendment will be. Is there any precident of a Congressman attempting and/or succeeding at something like this? If Rep. Tancredo is successful at blocking funds to release the men from prison, wouldn't that be a stab in the back of the American justice system? At this time I don't know the facts behind the agents being sent to prison, but something doesn't sit right with me about what Rep. Tancredo is doing. I do acknowledge that the American justice system has flaws, but I don't believe this proposed bill amendment is a way to fix a flaw.

they shot a drug smuggler with 700 pounds of pot in the back as he was attempting to flee back across the border, he did not die and then he testified against them in court and the judge took the side of the drug smuggler.
They got 12 years

After I posted earlier I did an internet search to find the facts of the case. Apparantly the drug smuggler was granted immunity to testify against the Boarder Patrol agents. There were also reports of jury members saying there were misled about their verdict outcome... they were apparantly told that a hung jury was unacceptable for this trial, when in actuality a hung jury WAS an option. Three jurors were essentially coerced to change their opinion to give a guilty verdict. Why would the justice department be so adament about prosecuting these two agents? Why did they grant immunity to the drug smuggler to testify? There seems to be an alterior motive. This entire incident smells of rotten fish.

Based on what I read, these guys are guilty only of doing their job.

After I posted earlier I did an internet search to find the facts of the case. Apparantly the drug smuggler was granted immunity to testify against the Boarder Patrol agents. There were also reports of jury members saying there were misled about their verdict outcome... they were apparantly told that a hung jury was unacceptable for this trial, when in actuality a hung jury WAS an option. Three jurors were essentially coerced to change their opinion to give a guilty verdict. Why would the justice department be so adament about prosecuting these two agents? Why did they grant immunity to the drug smuggler to testify? There seems to be an alterior motive. This entire incident smells of rotten fish.

Based on what I read, these guys are guilty only of doing their job.

another informed citizen!

it is right up there with the US government's case against Duane "Dog the Bounty Hunter" Chapman.

He went to Mexico and took a convicted rapist who fled the US after getting a 99 year sentence for the drugging and rape of several women and got into trouble "in Mexico" for bounty hunting. He bailed out and came be to America, now our government is doing their dead level best to turn him back over to Mexico for his horrible "crime" of tracking and arresting a fugitive.

Our justice department is full of corrupt pieces of government sh*t who wear ties and suits all day in Washington and thats all they are good for.
Let criminals go free, thats fine, but prosecute the people trying to stop them:x

Back