What does your Jeep do for you?

What does your Jeep do for you?

• Daily Driver, all or mostly stock, (never offroad)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Daily Driver, few mods (light offroad)

Votes: 26 36.6%
  • Daily Driver, weekend warrior, street legal (for the most part)

Votes: 10 14.1%
  • 2nd vehicle, weekend cruiser (little to no offroad)

Votes: 5 7.0%
  • 2nd vehicle, splits time on street and offroad (varying levels of offroading)

Votes: 24 33.8%
  • 2nd vehicle, the only road time is back and forth to the trails, (wheel it hard)

Votes: 2 2.8%
  • Trailer only (beat it like a red headed stepchild on the trails)

Votes: 4 5.6%

• Total voters

TwistedCU

Which of these most closely represents how you use your beloved (or behated :?| ) Jeep?

Don't just vote, tell us about your rig... even if we already know. Heck post a pic if you feel like it :?| Why not ;)

5th choice for me. I wish I had more time to wheel it, more money to mod it, but sometimes I'm just happy to cruise it into town with the top and doors off or have it get me to work safely in a bad snowstorm. It's seen some pretty rough trails for the few mods it has. It is my first Jeep that is not a daily driver so I can be a little more daring without worry of getting to work :lol:

Last edited:

DSCN0023_229796_original-2.jpg

Third choice here. I actually have a 89 toyota supra I'm doing an engine swap on and once i get that done I won't have to worry about breaking it so much anymore. Not that that's ever stopped me going up a trail.

My daily driver is a completely stock 00 XJ. Its seen some farm trails and mud. When its nice out, my daily driver becomes my 79 CJ-7. Its seen light trail use and many sunny days since I rebuilt it 2 years ago.

Our's is more like a 3rd vehicle. I drive it on the weekends and for wheeling but it stays in the garage otherwise.

I remember the days when my Jeep was my DD. I'd wheel it hard on Saturday then spend all day Sunday working on it so I could make it to work on Monday! I don't really miss those days much at all!!

Last edited:

No mods yet and a DD for now. I also have a S10 and a Buick Regal I have to start and drive every now and then! :)
lol and it's going to be fun watching you folks with JKs have your Jeeps go from the shiny new cruisers to the trail scarred modded rigs over time.

That's the good stuff ;)

From DD to 1/2 DD, to sometimes DD, back to half DD. Add some stuff, shake well, and it is my second toy. If it could make coffee, I would let it sleep on the sofa.

I voted the third one but it's soon to be nothing since it's for sale....wife says we need something more "family oriented" and this is one of the few times I actually agree with her. Can't fit a car seat into the jeep. I plan on buying another one in a few years when she's back to work. Next time it's going to be a secondary vehicle so I can beat the #$@$ out of it (I've always wanted to roll my jeep and also winch it up a tree) and not have to worry about how I'm going to get to work the next day.

Oh ya, the other thing my jeep does for me is cost me a helluva lot of money....then I have to listen to my wife... "you broke it again?!"

Well, I now have 2 a CJ and an SJ. The CJ has been sitting a lot lately because of work and the recently purchased boat.

The wife has been running the Waggy around town and absolutely LOVES it. Plenty of room for the kids, groceries, dogs, guns, illegal immigrants, YOU NAME IT!! We've been doing some light wheeling with her and, like I said before, I'm genuinely impressed with the Grand Wagoneer in it's stock form.

I am looking forward to a few days off with nice weather to cruise the CJ around the woods. I washed her recently and have been tossing around the concept of waxing (first time) but she just doesn't look right all shiny and pretty.

For me it is a 3rd vehicle (also known as the retirement fund and/or Molly's Doghouse). The primary purpose is to take me to the back country. Every summer weekend is spent on trails and most winter weekends, as well.
Mollyinherdoghouse-1.jpg

It is a project Jeep. There is always something planned for the future. Everything has to be looked at and examined for an overall appeal. Many people call it a Mall Crawler. It does get cleaned and waxed all of the time. Just this weekend, new Bestop charcoal seat covers went on the front seats. They look good and match the Bestop console.

Want to start a list of mods? I've put a lot into the Mighty YJ!

Mostly though, it is for fun, like...
IMG_3544-1.jpg

Well I have to say its some what street legal. Utah has one or two finer points to nit pick on my jeep. As most of you know I don't treat my jeep well...I beat the day lights out of her on the rocks and put her away wet.
As for looks...I didn't build it to win any beauty contests.
But she can out crawl any of those mall crawlers any day of the week (chrome doesn't get you out of the back woods).
She's my winter daily driver and my summer time play toy.

Yo Red when are you going to trailer that beauty queen of yours and drive that 1622 miles??? Labor day week/end is coming up and we are planning a 8 day non-work week in Moab. Trails and near beer!

I try to trailer my junk when the trip is over 50 miles. Unbalanced by-ply swampers don't like lots of street driving.

I try to trailer my junk when the trip is over 50 miles. Unbalanced by-ply swampers don't like lots of street driving.

I'll trailer if I'm wheeling more than an hour away. I used the ceramic Dynabeads to balance my TSL's internally, seems to work well at 70mph for such a square tire.

I run radials on the road through the week, but leave the TSL's on if I know I'm going wheelin again soon.

My jeep is my only vehicle (besides my work car), so it has to get me around intermittenly through the week. I can get by with having it down for repairs for a week at a time as long as I don't need to drive outside the county for anything. I'll drive it as far as a couple hours away, in any kind of weather, and occasionally commute to downtown StLouis for my part-time job. Pretty good for F/R spools and 35"s.

Other than that its main purpose is to wheel hard on a budget and get me back home. The drivetrain is a little overbuilt for the 4banger, but I like it that way. Most everything is KISS simple to reduce breakage and downtime.
DSCN4084JPG-2.jpg

Yo Red when are you going to trailer that beauty queen of yours and drive that 1622 miles??? Labor day week/end is coming up and we are planning a 8 day non-work week in Moab. Trails and near beer!
I don't know about beauty queen. I think the blue disguises all the dents. It looks good from afar (one with thick black smoke).
I might just slap some 35's on it and drive it to Moab. That would be awesome, no top, just kickin it down the highway at 50 mph. I might be able to go faster with the 35's at least feel better than 42's with 5 psi.
Don't let them shut down all the good trails before I get out there.

Mine doubles as DD and flex monster. I like the fact that I can drive to the trail, hang with the big boys and not have to buy a trailer and tow rig. It's a 97' TJ with a 4in LA. I used to run a YJ and never thought some thing could be this road worthy and still do the trails that I do. Glad I upgraded, but I sure will miss the ole square headlights!

Back