Hot Jeep Ride Today

redrooster

Good grief it was hot out today. I went on a charity trail ride and the turnout was disappointing due to the heat. Only about 50 vehicles showed up. We had a good time though. I saw my transmission temp higher than it has ever read. We had to stop frequently to let our rigs cool.
The thermometer on my truck was still reading 100 at 6:30 p.m. when I was cruising 70 down the highway. I discovered something else when I got home: the chapstick in my pocket had liquified at some point during the day and ran down into the cap. It looked like melted wax. Definitely never had that happen before. That's hot.

Have yet to take the top off my Jeep this year. Seems the older I get the more I like having AC!

I understand Red Neckerson, I have yet to remove mine either. The day I brought her home it was raining (I think that what it was, it's been awhile since I have actually seen any) and since then it has hovered between 95 and 104 with the dewpoint/humidity being around 80%. Until this heat breaks I will keep the top on and the AC blowing full blast!

My wife got back from your neck today and said it was over 100 up there this week too. She was in Sevierville, TN and it was still packed with tourists.

10:30 P.M. and it's still 90 and 63% humidity. Still really don't want to live anywhere else....

Back