Heads up in AL

B'ham Jeeper

Just FYI, if you are going to be traveling to or through Alabama the week of Aug 13th - Aug 17th there is a HUGE "Take back our Highway" campaing going on. They are targeting speeders. So if you head this way slow down and enjoy the view.

Just FYI, if you are going to be traveling to or through Alabama the week of Aug 13th - Aug 17th there is a HUGE "Take back our Highway" campaing going on. They are targeting speeders. So if you head this way slow down and enjoy the view.

oh, a fund raiser for the state capitol?:lol: :lol:

I think the main thing is that drivers know they can make up alot of time in Alabama, seeing people doing 85 - 95 mph is not unusual. Several people have been killed lately and I think they are just going through a crack down.

I heard rumors that all cops all the way to the top will be in uniform patrolling the highways.

btw, this is not something they are trying to hide, it is on all the sign boards and TV stations this week.

Just wanted to let non-Alabama folks know if you are heading this way, slow down.....

It's not just state troopers either, though they will have an additional 200 on patrol. I saw 4 locals running radar on my 12 mile trip to work this morning.

Back