eBay :x

90Xjay

It's getting harder and harder to deal with morons on there.

People end your auction with Buy it now on a $10 item then take 5 days to pay for it! I email them invoices and ask them what the hold up is.
I state in all of my auctions that I require someone to at least let me know in 2 days of how and when they are going to pay and they all have up to 7 days to pay.
About 70% pay right away, but the others lolly gag around and come back after a few days and say they went out of town or something.. and I have had more than a few non payers. I tell ya, the summer time sucks on eBay.

I sent a message to this guy today after 4 days since he bought a $6 item and never paid. He did finally pay with Paypal and this was his reply back to me.

"paypal you them now "

?????
What is that? What language?

just state immediate payment required. Never had a problem because the item can be sold to someone else. Most folks pay me within an hr or so, but once at bandcamp...

Such is the problem of an online marketplace. I have been one of those "out of town" people before. Every so often I will put a bid in on something forget about it and then it usually waits until i get the e-mail notifier from ebay for me to remember. If I am busy, weekend, or out of town I might not see that e-mail for a week. It happens. The only way to get around this is to open a store and get the payment at point of sale.

Such is the problem of an online marketplace. I have been one of those "out of town" people before. Every so often I will put a bid in on something forget about it and then it usually waits until i get the e-mail notifier from ebay for me to remember. If I am busy, weekend, or out of town I might not see that e-mail for a week. It happens. The only way to get around this is to open a store and get the payment at point of sale.

I've been thinking of doing the store thing. Not as promoted as an auction, but I think I could cut down my fees by 30%

It's just that most people I have dealt with over the years have been decent folks, but it seem like the weird ones are taking over now:crazy:

I have seen it do this in the summer also, less people are at home and online looking during the summer months.
It always picks up after school starts and during the holidays because people are home more.

It's just that most people I have dealt with over the years have been decent folks, but it seem like the weird ones are taking over now:crazy:

I have seen it do this in the summer also, less people are at home and online looking during the summer months.
It always picks up after school starts and during the holidays because people are home more.

Really your running into weird people online...I never would have expected it :lol:

I sold a truck for my dad, and he decided to sell it to a guy who contacted him after seeing the auction (while the auction was still going on). Thank god it never reached the reserve. That's the last time I ever sell anything on my name and let someone else handle it. I flipped out on my dad for that one.

Back