Thoughts on the 2008 Jk Wrangler unlimited?

moonman

I just bought a 2008 Rescue green 4-door unlimited and so far pretty happy with it. Being my 4th Jeep (2 others wranglers) I see a lot of great improvement. Anyone have any pro's or con's on the 2007 or 2008 unlimited models?Thanks
Moonman

I like them but with those wide fenders they are just begging for some bigger tires.

Yeah I know it...mine came with the 32", nice tires. A guy at the dealership had one as well, had added 1/2" spacers and put 34" tires on it...had to trim a hair off the plastic in front to prevent rubbing in turns...looked good.

I like everything about the JK but the added width, but that pays off in stability and interior room. Nice the Unlimited has a ton more room across the width of the rear seat.

Another plus is being able to fit larger meats with less lift that previous Wranglers.

What I did not like about the new JK's is how many electronic gadgets it has... Cool for everyday driving, but more things to worry about when crossing a river. I guess it depends on your intended use... Also, the 2 door Rubi I tested proved to be a pain when trying to get to the back seat.

I agree with rooster. I think that they look lame but Jeep right now is trying to appeal to everyday people instead of guys like us who love to drive on the wild side. With the 4 doors familys can drive around and all. I think that it's a great moneymaker and idea but I'd rather drive a 2-door Wrangler.

Yeah, all good points. I hadn't had it a week and a guy I met with his wife looked at it and loved it. Thought it was an ideal vehicle for his family to take vacation trips in being a 4 door and added space. I guess Jeep is trying to appeal to broader audience. Have you noticed the Jeep wrangler commerial on TV? All young yuppie type.
Althought it just my wife and myself, we enjoy the extra room. I bought one of those Mopar 10' x 10' tents this week that attaches to the back of the Jeep. We enjoy camping but I am almost 56 yrs. old and not crazy about sleeping on the ground anymore. The JK unlimited will allow us to fold the seats down flat and sleep in the Jeep. Had several trailers over the years but really back enjoy tent camping and allows more remote areas to pitch a tent.

My girlfriend's uncle has one, and I like the idea of apealing to a wider audience, but they are not for me. They are, though, alot NICER than any tj or yj, you'll ever ride in! I didn't like them at first, but they grew on me very fast.

I have an 07 4dr with 4in ultimate Full Traction lift, new drive shafts, gears, diff covers, chromolly axels, poison spyder body armor and rocker knockers, Smittybuilt bumpers and winch, OR- Fab tube doors, Xenon fenders with 38in TOYO's. I love this thing, it is a beast offroad and looks better than ANY 2 door you will find. I think you will like the 4 door

The only thing I don't like about it is the engine. Who puts a mini van engine in a Jeep?

Kaiser Willys sure put a mid luxury car V6 in a Jeep back in the 1960's. The Buick odd-fire V6 worked out great. Nothing wrong with that V6 that Chrysler put in there as far as I am concerned. Minivan usage or not, V6's are a good motor in a Jeep.

Back