Global warming... climate change... whatever :)

That's because you're in NJ. That state stinks all on it's own.

Acknowledging that pollution is something that should have restricions, the mindset that this has pushed us in the right direction makes me cringe.

The money spent and wasted on the whole global warming, now climate change is ludicrous. The city of Pittsburgh looked like one big black cloud at the turn of the last century. A visit to any of their museums will show pics of that. Improvements and progress has been made over time and we have gotten cleaner and more efficient long before this hysteria that Al Gore has been making money on. Yeah that's right... the Nobel Peace Prize winner has made millions on this racket. Yes, millions.

Utah, Currupt has done well answering as I would you question about the rise in temperatures. I am not disputing the rise in temp. I am not disputing that there is real pollution and it should be dealt with. What I am disputing (as is those who really do know this science) is the human impact on it, the level of urgency to deal with environmental issues, and our ability to affect this naturally occurring climate change in either direction.

Have yopu all heard this story? this is a good read about a British case and the Judge's ruling: An Inconvenient Verdict for Al Gore
http://abcnews.go.com/US/TenWays/Story?id=3719791&page=2

The money spent and wasted on the whole global warming, now climate change is ludicrous. The city of Pittsburgh looked like one big black cloud at the turn of the last century. A visit to any of their museums will show pics of that. Improvements and progress has been made over time and we have gotten cleaner and more efficient long before this hysteria that Al Gore has been making money on.

your right TC, I was in Pitt last summer and had some time to go into some museums down by the river in the old district by the convention center and I was amazed at the photos of life back at that time.
I grew up about 3 hours south of there and never knew about that dark part of the cities history.

your right TC, I was in Pitt last summer and had some time to go into some museums down by the river in the old district by the convention center and I was amazed at the photos of life back at that time.
I grew up about 3 hours south of there and never knew about that dark part of the cities history.

You must have gone on the Duquesne (pronounced Doo-cane) incline?!?!?! I was there a couple weeks ago, hence the reference (was fresh on the mind). Looking at those pics really made me think about how much progress has been made before all this hysteria.

Man that incline was something else. My nephew was freaking out :lol:

You must have gone on the Duquesne (pronounced Doo-cane) incline?!?!?! I was there a couple weeks ago, hence the reference (was fresh on the mind). Looking at those pics really made me think about how much progress has been made before all this hysteria.

Man that incline was something else. My nephew was freaking out :lol:

actually, I was attending a Wind Energy Conference at the David L Lawrence Center right on the river just down from the stadium.

I went into the museums because they were all within walking distance of the convention center. The area just down from there is an old open market place, now it's mostly restaurants and bars.

Back