Global warming... climate change... whatever :)

TwistedCU

It seems that the number of real scientists who are blowing the lid off the lunatic fringe alarmists continues to grow:

http://www.smh.com.au/news/environment/gore-gets-a-cold-shoulder/2007/10/13/1191696238792.html

The convenient truth:
ONE of the world's foremost meteorologists has called the theory that helped Al Gore share the Nobel Peace Prize "ridiculous" and the product of "people who don't understand how the atmosphere works".

Dr William Gray, a pioneer in the science of seasonal hurricane forecasts, told a packed lecture hall at the University of North Carolina that humans were not responsible for the warming of the earth.

His comments came on the same day that the Nobel committee honoured Mr Gore for his work in support of the link between humans and global warming.

"We're brainwashing our children," said Dr Gray, 78, a long-time professor at Colorado State University. "They're going to the Gore movie [An Inconvenient Truth] and being fed all this. It's ridiculous."

It seems that the number of real scientists who are blowing the lid off the lunatic fringe alarmists continues to grow:
The convenient truth:

So there is no changes? the world isnt getting hotter?
to start an all out war of the words I offer this little peice...

now you tell me why..please

Utah, the world's temperature has continually fluctuated over time, without our help. It went through tremendously more extreme heating and cooling cycles ages ago before humans even could have had an effect on it. In the 70's everyone was worried about global cooling, and now it's global warming. It's just part of a natural cycle of events that the earth undergoes. The amount of greenhouse gases we as humans produce compared to natural sources such as volcanoes is indescribably small.

Anybody remember "Global Cooling" back in the 70's? Could this climate change be a natural occurance?
Maybe Algore should shut his mouth and the world would cool immediately! :D

IMHO, the whole ruse of Global "insert term here"
is just a tool for those who want to bring about sweeping changes in our American Society. There are those who would have our citizens answer to a global court and be ruled by a global government.

It's coming, sooner than expected, to a city near you.

go to Prison Planet's Site Alex isn't afraid of the truth.

Even though I think global warming is a total load of crap, I will agree that what the effects it's having on our culture are probably a good thing. We're creating lower emission emmiting vehicles, looking for new, renewable sources of energy, and generally trying to clean up our act. Whether or no global warming is a hoax, I think the effect that it's having on people is a good thing.

I agree with you that true or not, it pushes us in a cleaner direction, which appears to be good. I just hope that "the powers that be" are looking at the whole system when they define getting cleaner, not just what comes out of the tailpipe. For example, sure, they use less oil and emit less exhaust, but what is the environmental impact of manufacturing and disposing batteries powerful enough to be used in these hybrids? How much more high sulfur coal does it take to produce the electricity to power these new manufacturing processes? Likewise, these fluorescent bulbs they are pushing so hard now. These things have mercury in them... How do we compare these increased pollutants with those that are reduced? Or are we so focused on oil and greenhouse gas that we are trading one "evil" for another? (Rhetorical questions)

The whole battery thing with hybrid cars is a big problem I have with them. Sometimes it just seems like the efforts to keep it cleaner are often leading to more problems. Unfortunately this is a time when you don't get an A for effort.

I do my part to help the earth....

I recycle my beer cans, and thats a lot.

In Massachusetts (not sure of other states) if there is any level of accident with a Hybrid car, it is policy to have a Haz-Mat team dispacted just in case the battery ruptures.
IMHO hybrin technology is an old technology, hydrogen is going to be the next big thing, problem is there needs to be more efficiency from Hydrogen engines. Ford currently has (not for public sale) hydrogen powered F450...

http://www.ford.com/innovation/envi...drogen/h2ice-buses/hydrogen-engine-buses-351p

My understanding is that big oil tends to embrace Hydrogen cars more because you'll still have to go to a Shell station to refuel. With a plug in hybrid, you won't need the big oil companies at all. Hence our big hydrogen push.

hybrid autos are a hybrid of gasoline and electric

are you talking about a total electric?

Utah, the world's temperature has continually fluctuated over time, without our help. It went through tremendously more extreme heating and cooling cycles ages ago before humans even could have had an effect on it. In the 70's everyone was worried about global cooling, and now it's global warming. It's just part of a natural cycle of events that the earth undergoes. The amount of greenhouse gases we as humans produce compared to natural sources such as volcanoes is indescribably small.

There you go Utah, all you needed to know. :p

Back