UPDATE Holy Crap I have been gone a long time and things have changed!!!

Jeepnutz

At least they have for me! It has been a long time since the last time I posted and the world has completely turned upside down for me and my family. I got an email from JEEPZ reminding me I was a member here and so I dropped in to say hello.

For straters I have changed careers. I am now an apprentice fabricator/mechanic at a very reputable 4wheel drive shop here in the Sac area. Ended up getting laid off from GE in early '06, followed by a year as the oldest student at Wyotech Sacramento. After graduation I ended up falling into a great job at Extreme Gear Offroad and have met my probationary period and about to have 6 months in at the shop. We are small but we do very big things! Hemi and other engine conversions to anything offroad, have had two Hemi LJ's go out the door since I have been there although I didn't work on the conversions I did do some welding on both. We specialize in gear work on any housing and deal in Solid Axle industries aftermarket stuff, custom fabrication of cages bumpers and anything else that someone might want done to there jeep, bronco, yota, blazer, cruiser or sammy or anything else. And of course ground up restoration. And we have had a few magazine articles recently including the cover shot on the august addition of 4Wheel Drive and Sport Utility Magazine. I just did my first shoot with them a few weeks ago and it should be in the mag sometime next year!

Anyway that is the skinny! Sorry it has been so long since I checked in. Hope this note finds you all well and having a great year!! I guess I have grown into even more of a jeep nut!! Oh and I knocked two more off my list of trails! Fordyce and Barrett Lake here in Nor-Cal. Hope to run into you on the trail.

Best Regards

I have been retired for 5 years after being an contract Engineer for 40+ years.I just went to work for a great guy at a jeep salvage shop.Im getting free range and have plans approved for building some neat jeeps.No Hemi's right now,but being an old Mopar nut,I have a few engines that may just find their way into some "J"'s.

Where is this shop located? I have family in Sac and get up there from time to time. Last time I was up there I stopped at a shop that is on the east bound side of 50, a few miles east of Bradshaw. I can't remember the name though.

Jeepnutz - that sounds like a dream job! I'm glad that the emails went out, we're getting alot of the old guys coming back.

Add yourself to the members map to see who else is around you http://www.jeepz.com/forum/vbgooglemapme.php

I just feel really blessed that things have turned out the way they have! I may not make much as an apprentice but I have never been happier in a job then I am now. Boss even took me on 55th Jamboree to run the display at the vendor show down in the springs.

Here's a couple a shots of the heep of late up on the Rubicon Trail.

Jeep Wave

DSCF0325-1.jpg

Big Sluice

DSCF0311-1.jpg

DSCF0312-1.jpg

DSCF0313-1.jpg

DSCF0314-1.jpg

DSCF0316-1.jpg

Back