Jeepz.com June outing

GreenReaper93

Hey guys! I had a question for ya. Think it would be cool to make some t-shirts for the outing? Rob, what's your opinion? Write back when you can. Thinkin' about Iron-On's. Later guys! GR93[addsig]

if its worth doing, its worth doing right. get something silk screened. iron-on's are pieces of crap.[addsig]

We are working on getting the details in order. Tug has been a great help to this project, but it's getting hard to take on the added weight of pulling this together by ourselves. With that said, we are planning on shirts and stickers and such, but as we don't have an official neme yet, it's pretty hard to come up with a logo lol.

This is where you all come in....any help in coming up with a name and/or logo would be greatly appreciated. Also, any ideas would be taken as a big help as well.

Also, the details as planned are a week long camping trip to Easteren Tennesse, the last week in June. We are currantly working on facilities, and day trips other than trail rides (white water rafting, for example).

We are also trying to open up some trails that due to abuse, have been closed. This means that we would like to see some of the locals join in, teach them the "Tread Lightly" philosophy, and try to keep all the trails down there maintained and open all year round.

To be honest with you, it looks like there is a possibility of a small charge, but we promise to make it as minimal as possible.

Tug is working very hard with me on the project, and my gratitude is owed to him, as well as those that are going. Thanks a bunch tug, I couldn't be doing this without you. Any questions you need answered can be sent to tug, as well as myself. We will try to answer them as soon as possible.

All that said, remember to give up some of those ideas, remember, the t-shirt you get, might just be your design.

Rob
image-missing.png
image-missing.png
image-missing.png
[addsig]

PA, Please continue to post details of the outing. I would love to attend. Erwin is a beautiful part of the country and I am sure the trails are great. As for the printing aspects I would love to try to help. I have a great source for tees and stickers. Let me know what you want as far as colors and quanities and I will be happy to get a quote for you. Looking foreward to wheelin with you guys.

Todd[addsig]

I would love to go! Quite a hike from South Texas, but I'm there as long as I can get shifts off of work! If info has been previously posted, I will search to get the details. I would like to help if possible PA and Tug. Let me know...thanks, Patti[addsig]

Hey all it is true that a Jeepz.com week of fun and adventure may be on the way. I am looking into getting some of the best off road back country area of east tennessee and western north carolina open for this. It is going to be hard to get this done cause the good ol boy beer drinking trail killers of the past made it a closed deal.

I plan to meet with the forestry service as soon as next week, They open for the bear hunters each year so if we have to cry a bit may be we can get in to. The ol equail op song and dance.

It may come down to getting letters from all of you to say you are members of this gorup and wish to come down and get into the woods for a while. There is power in numbers and we can make a very loud voice as one united.

I will keep PASmokeater posted on any progress as I am able to make and in turn get the word out to you all.

Some of the things we have talked about is the Nolichucky River White Water. The gourge is really nice! Everywhere you look you are in the wildeerness for a day on the water, I know the owner of one of the guide services and can get us a group deal. If you paddle bring a boat you will not need a guide!

Camping on a private land area if possible, (most likely) or we do have some nice comercial and goverment camping areas too. Hotels if you don't like to rough it but you drive a jeep right!

Music (at least bluegrass and country) was born in the Appalachian Mts. and it is alive and well we have some great local talent. Hope to have that in the evenings. I hope that I am not getting to far in front of the ourselves.

The main thing is we need to get together. Look at each other and see who we have grow to enjoy here at the Jeepz and make a difference in the way the non jeep world see us. Kind of like do you remember when Harleys were not the respected icon that they are now?

Look at yourself and what you do in the world and say what can I do to make this a real event. I do public auctions, there for I meet alot of folks and make alot of contacts. I hope to open some roads to us by useing that. Maybe we can all bring one item to sale at an auction of our own and donate it the proceeds to a a good charity. Good PR you know goes a long way!

If you start getting thoes ideas to PASmokeater and myself and then we can get the red tape rolling. By keeping this a respected and politicly correct thing we can do anything. Who know we may get to have a Jeepz.com parade down main street!

Last but not least I wish to say it is a very special thing getting to know all of you here on this board. I have learned so much and want to thank all for friendship and conversation. the not very good at spelling and such Tug[addsig]

Rob, Dan, you have my talents on call. It has been a great pleasure to talk to both of you, and to know the Jeepz community. Dan, if letters are what you want, you got mine. I assumed there would be a small fee, and it would be worth it.

I can throw some ideas on the message board as to a logo (I do graphic arts in college). Anything you guys need help with, just let me know. I want to see this come to be a reality.

This is to be my first official outing with a Jeep clan. I will remember this time to tell to my children, and to introduce them to the Jeep culture we wish to preserve. I can only pray that when that day comes, I can introduce them to the great band of men and women that I can call my Jeep friends; and to take them on outings such as this one.

I vow to help out in any way I can. You have my word. GR93[addsig]

Back