Barack Hussein Obama

On that quiz,

my top 3 were
#1: Gravel, then Kucinich, then Edwards (Obama 4th)

Bottom 3 were:
Romney, Paul, then Tomcredo.

Mine said take Bud Light in the Bud Bowl.
What's up with that?

Personally, I think that's a bit much. I don't think he was being disrespectful. It's not like he was sitting down, or facing away from the flag.

The hand on heart thing, while traditional, is kind of antiquated generally speaking.

And on other occasions, he stood with hand on heart during the anthem.

If you see the video: Urban Legends Reference Pages: Barack Obama and the National Anthem

You notice 2 things:
1- He's standing and (as pointed out in the article) his demeanor is quite respectable.

2- The rendition of the Star Spangled Banner is the reason everyone should be upset. Listen to it: HORRIBLE. And notice at the end of the song he turns, nods his head and claps approvingly.

If you watch the video, does anyone ...HONESTLY...think he's trying to be an anti-patriot? C'mon... He's a politician. He's got nothing to gain by coming of as disrespectful to the flag. The most important thing to any of the clowns is winning the election.

---------------

But all that aside. One of the reasons this country is so great, is that one has the right to not stand, with hand on heart, during the anthem.

video and flag incident aside, he still belongs to a church who has a non-negotiable committment to Africa.

I hope he wins the primary. He'll get toasted in the general.

Although the "test" from that link said Hunter, I would probably vote for Huckabee if I had to vote today. Thankfully, I don't have to vote today. Despite all the rhetoric to the contrary, I think Huck is the most conservative candidate that has any hope of winning it all. I also like that he is strong on the 2A.

I'll say... Ron Paul sure makes those debates interesting. His blunt truths are unheard of in today's politics. I am certain that he would absolutely SHRED any single debate opponent - Republican OR Democrat. I really like the guy and agree with most of what he says, but his seperatist ideals in todays world will never win him the Presidency. It's good to know the likes of him and Pat Buchannon are still around to hold our runaway government even a little accountable.

Back