* Youthful, open-air entry-level-size HUMMER
* Designed by a trio of young designers
* Convertible body with removable roof panels and modular rear roof assembly
* Easily removable fender flares and doors
* Full-time 4WD with front and rear locking differentials
* Aeronautically inspired interior with functional, lightweight design elements
* Reconfigurable instruments for highway and off-road driving
* 3.6L SIDI V-6 E85 FlexFuel engine with six-speed automatic transmission

Full press release and more pictures here and here. (no I don't also hang out at the Hummer forums)

I actually think it looks pretty cool. But of course I would never buy one because it is related to the H2 :bootyshake: and I'm just partial to my Jeep. :shades:

Last edited:

Built like a Jeep with GM parts. Looks badass to me. It would probably sell like mad. Therefore, they'll never build it.

I'm a Chevy fan, but I have always been glad that Chevrolet didn't buy Jeep from AMC because they would have discontinued the AMC inline 6 and put IFS under everything... BUT, now that Chrysler has dropped the I6 and they are going to IFS under everything eventually... I now wish Chevy had bought it, at least it would have a killer transmission and they would have stuffed a V8 back in the SWB line by now.

I LOVE older Jeeps, but I'd also check into this thing if I was considering another new Jeep. That IFS/IRS Jeep-like prototype that Ford produced a few years ago was really sweet too.

Battle of the concepts:
Ford Bronco Concept with 2.0L Turbo Diesel and factory nitrous:
image-missing.png

Jeep Hurricane with Dual Hemi V8's and zero turn:
image-missing.png

Hummer Hx Concept with V6:
x07cc_hm001450-1.jpg

Last edited:

It's cool lookin' I'll give them that. I don't think I would buy one over a JK still, but I hope it gets Jeep to come up with something even better and with a HEMI in it!!! Also, look at this picture, that's a lot of removable crap to put somewhere!
x07cc_hm009-1.jpg

Who cares... Jeep has gone from it's roots anyway. Anyone that is gonna buy a Jeep (for the most part) is not going to want anything to do with a Hummer.

Sorry Jeeps peepz, I would sport this over a JK anyday. Specs I looked at said 3.6L aluminum engine making 304 hp 273 ft/lb, Fox coilovers front and rear, 35's stock, lockers, drilled rotors, 6 piston calipers, brass stripper pole etc... I don't even care that it's IFS. I really like the full width look with the narrower body and the removable fenders.

Sorry Jeeps peepz, I would sport this over a JK anyday. Specs I looked at said 3.6L aluminum engine making 304 hp 273 ft/lb, Fox coilovers front and rear, 35's stock, lockers, drilled rotors, 6 piston calipers, brass stripper pole etc... I don't even care that it's IFS. I really like the full width look with the narrower body and the removable fenders.

except it's a concept... I wish they produced everything that was a concept... I would own a Jeep Hurricane. it would run circles around this thing... sideways!

I bought a Mopar built Jeep in 1989 and after dealing with the repairs and their warranty I decided then that it was the last Jeep I'd own built by Chrysler.

I got burned pretty bad and it left a bad taste.

I like the looks of this but I doubt it will ever be built in the concept form. Some of the design will probably carry over to a production vehicle, or be added as options to the line.

What's up with that bronco? Looks like an Element on steroids.

I like that Bronco concept also. It looks like the old ones a little bit. I almost bought an old Bronco (early bronco) before I decided to buy something new and got the Jeep.

I hear ya Harry. Our 2002 WJ was a turd. We got rid of it with about 75K showing on the clock. The transmission had died twice and the Tcase went out once, along with tons of other little small stuff, like two drivers door power window motors in that short time. It was very comfortable and fairly capable for a station wagon, but man what a lemon. It was the wife's vehicle too, it hardly ever saw the dirt or any hard use. I will give my 99 TJ credit for being rock solid since I've owned it, and I beat on that thing like crazy.

Screw the Bronco, THIS is the coolest thing that Ford has ever thought about producing.
11202-1.jpg

I like that Bronco concept also.

I didn't mean to give the impression that I liked it by saying it looked like an Element on steroids........too flat and boxy for me.

I hear ya Harry. Our 2002 WJ was a turd. We got rid of it with about 75K showing on the clock.

At least you got 75K out of it, my YJ had just turned 30K when I dumped it. The transmission was shot, the driver's seat snapped, the oil pressure gauge kept breaking, the striping decals kept falling off, the fan knob and heater controls broke.......the list went on.

But they STILL designed removable doors and then put the mirrors on the doors!?!?! Must be a YJ/TJ designer involved there somewhere!!:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I was struck by "Youthful, open-air entry-level-size HUMMER".

Can you say youthful, entry-level and Hummer in the same sentence? I certainly can't. Unless that youth can spring $40K from one of their endowments.

Back