Took her to the dealer

B'ham Jeeper

Well my jeep has had a squeeky clutch since I got her and there was a TSB issued for the fix. When I took her in for her first free oil change I asked if they would go ahead and do the TSB work. Well.... of course they did not have the parts in stock so they would have to be ordered. This was in December so I finally got around to calling them about 2 weeks ago to see if the parts were in..of course they were.. sorry no one contacted you about it.

So in she goes yesterday at lunch. I call before lunch today to see how's it going sevice advisor said she should be done around three. I gave them until four thirty and called. Seems they have to drop the muffler to get to the clutch or some piece up there. So they go to take the muffler off and the bolts will not budge. Remember now this jeep is not even a year old yet. So the guy cuts them off..well guess what?? they don't have the bolts to put the muffler back on. Called around to all the jeep dealers in town no one has them.

So long story short (to late I know) they had to order the bolts from Jeep and she is stuck at the dealership all weekend. They say they should have bolts in hand Monday and all he will have to do is put her back together. We'll see!

I had high hopes for this dealership it's a five star and a friend of mine takes her Buick there and has always been happy.

Thanks for letting me vent...it's been a long week at work and now this...:(

Last edited:
Wow. THAT SUCKS!!
I wouldn't think bolts would be to hard to find in a city the size of Birmingham.

Well, I'm sure she will be glad to see you come Monday! ;)

I hate having to take anything to the dealer...but sometimes that's the only place to get what you need for your Jeep.

The crankcase ventilation/vacuum maze on my 4.0L Comanche cost a small fortune, as well as the heater hose hook-up. I like to fabricate when I can, but it was like a conspiracy to make something simple so complicated.

I feel your pain!

Larry

So I have been thinking (dangerous), if they had to cut the bolts off won't they have to re-tap the holes? If they re-tap will the original size bolts fit!!?? :?|

even still, they can just drill to a smaller size just to cut the bolt out and then tap it to the same size, or better yet, just back out the broken studs.. and i'm sure we can think of 5 other ways, but if the MANUAL doesnt say it, it can't be done, lol

I'm sorry, I'm just having a hard time figuring out how they would even design an exhaust system that needed to have a bolt threading into something other than the headers. And they don't need to pull the headers to fix the clutch. Everything else should be welded or bolted together with a nut and a bolt.

I'm sorry, I'm just having a hard time figuring out how they would even design an exhaust system that needed to have a bolt threading into something other than the headers. And they don't need to pull the headers to fix the clutch. Everything else should be welded or bolted together with a nut and a bolt.

Looks like the exhaust runs right across the transmission. Not the best picture but I will be getting more when she comes home!

DSCN0892.JPG

I figured as much, but the only thing that should be tapped is the the block for the header. Everything else ought to be bolted with a nut. I'd be realllll curious to see if there is something that is tapped other than the block.

She's home! Of course it was dark by the time I got home so I will try and get some pictures of how the exhaust is attached this weekend Corrupt has me curious now. I'm just glad to get her home.

Also I just love the smell of a new clutch burning off the new :)

Oh yeah...no more squeak when I change gears. :purple:

Back