I'm voting for this man

I believe the man with 2 first names is the best hope this country has at the moment...........unfortunately, I also think he'll be done in by "the machine". I don't honestly think he'll ever get the Republican nomination..................................................................................................but we can still write him in!!!!!

"Everysingle problem we're facing is because of a lack of respect for the rule of law in the Constitution"

AMEN!

We have plenty of laws, but unfortunately most are not fully enforced.

And, it is my humble opinion that a write-in vote is a wasted trip to the polls as well as a concession to the other side. Look at what happened when the Republicans lost control of the House and Senate last election.

My favorite candidate is out of the race as well, but I have to look carefully at the alternative to wasting a vote or not voting at all....one bad scenario rhymes with Sillary and the other rhymes with Oh, mama!

Last edited:

And, it is my humble opinion that a write-in vote is a wasted trip to the polls as well as a concession to the other side. Look at what happened when the Republicans lost control of the House and Senate last election.

Firstly, Ron Paul is on the ballot in the Primary states so for the primary no write in is needed.
I too have been told that to vote for a 3rd party candidate is a throw away and a give to the other side.
Well look where that has gotten me over the last 20 years, it got me 8 years of "W' who is one of my biggest disappointments in politics....ever

So at this point, I really don't care if I throw away my vote or not, I will not vote for a McCain just out of fear that Billary or Osama Bama might get elected because I don't see much difference in all three of them except in name.

I'm voting my conscience from now on. Let them eat cake!

If memory serves me, it also got you Bill Clinton when Perot was the spoiler.
Let's highlight Clinton's term: Monica Lewinsky Scandal, Whitewater, North Korean Nuclear Appeasement and mulitple missed opportunities at bagging Usama Bin Laden.
I wonder what the general feeling would be toward "W" if 9/11 would have never happened?

I believe the man with 2 first names is the best hope this country has at the moment...........unfortunately, I also think he'll be done in by "the machine". I don't honestly think he'll ever get the Republican nomination..................................................................................................but we can still write him in!!!!!

REALLY? :shock:

:agree:

I can't believe it!

Did somebody hack into Mud's computer? :p

Yeah, it may seem hard to believe...........but perhaps it's 'cause you've all "labeled" me as something I'm not. You know what they say about "assuming"!:lol: :lol: I'm not a "liberal", I'm not a "conservative", I'm not a "Democrat", nor am I a "Republican", I'm not "left" (although I AM left-handed), and I'm not "right". I'm just another American working man pizzed off at the way this country has headed. And a lot of what Ron Paul speaks of strikes a chord with me. He's very passionate about the Constitution, very passionately against the mistake (oops, war) in Iraq, and wants to do away with the IRS. Can't argue with any of those.

Brings to mind one of my favorite bumper stickers........."If 10% is good enough for God, it should be good enough for the IRS!!"

I'm actually leaning toward Obama not in spite of his lack of experience, but BECAUSE of his lack of experience. I don't want to see another 4 (or "8" - why do I get a smiley for the number eight???) years of the same old BS we've been living under for the last 20 years or more. Our government lost touch with the people long, long ago. Nothing but a bunch of self-serving, rich, lawyer b*s*rds......................what worries me is that lately Obama has been sounding just the same. It's all a crap shoot anyway, and it appears this election will just be another "lesser of the evils" deal. But if Ron Paul would miraculously gain momentum and actually look like he could win, he could actually get my useless vote.

They actually let me write this from my cell in Guantanamo,
mud

Last edited:
Yeah, it may seem hard to believe...........but perhaps it's 'cause you've all "labeled" me as something I'm not. You know what they say about "assuming"!:lol: :lol: I'm not a "liberal", I'm not a "conservative", I'm not a "Democrat", nor am I a "Republican", I'm not "left" (although I AM left-handed), and I'm not "right". I'm just another American working man pizzed off at the way this country has headed. And a lot of what Ron Paul speaks of strikes a chord with me. He's very passionate about the Constitution, very passionately against the mistake (oops, war) in Iraq, and wants to do away with the IRS. Can't argue with any of those.

Brings to mind one of my favorite bumper stickers........."If 10% is good enough for God, it should be good enough for the IRS!!"

I'm actually leaning toward Obama not in spite of his lack of experience, but BECAUSE of his lack of experience. I don't want to see another 4 (or "8" - why do I get a smiley for the number eight???) years of the same old BS we've been living under for the last 20 years or more. Our government lost touch with the people long, long ago. Nothing but a bunch of self-serving, rich, lawyer b*s*rds......................what worries me is that lately Obama has been sounding just the same. It's all a crap shoot anyway, and it appears this election will just be another "lesser of the evils" deal. But if Ron Paul would miraculously gain momentum and actually look like he could win, he could actually get my useless vote.

They actually let me write this from my cell in Guantanamo,
mud
I'm a bit confused.... you would support Ron Paul. You say you like his belief in adhering to the US Constitution. You like his foreign policy mentality. You like his economic philosophy including ending the IRS.

Then how... why.... would you even consider a guy like Barack Hussein Obama? They are at complete opposite ends of the spectrum on how they perceive our country should be governed. Ron Paul believes in small government, fiscal responsibility, freedom, liberty, and the opportunity of success through freedom and hard work. Obama, although we have little to go on in his small amount of actual government work, consistantly stumps about government saving this, government doing that. Ban the guns. Obama is big government, less personal responsibility and more governmental dependancy. He's about making more laws and spending more money. His foreign policy is full of political double speak - bring the boys from Iraq home but I'd attack Iran in a second if... He is willing to ignore liberty in the interest of perceived safety. He is willing to replace opportunity with entitlement. Under Obame, the IRS will flourish.

Sorry, I just don't see how those two men could be a viable candidate to the same person. They are as far apart as Reagan and Carter.

I'm a bit confused.... you would support Ron Paul. You say you like his belief in adhering to the US Constitution. You like his foreign policy mentality. You like his economic philosophy including ending the IRS.

Then how... why.... would you even consider a guy like Barack Hussein Obama? They are at complete opposite ends of the spectrum on how they perceive our country should be governed. Ron Paul believes in small government, fiscal responsibility, freedom, liberty, and the opportunity of success through freedom and hard work. Obama, although we have little to go on in his small amount of actual government work, consistantly stumps about government saving this, government doing that. Ban the guns. Obama is big government, less personal responsibility and more governmental dependancy. He's about making more laws and spending more money. His foreign policy is full of political double speak - bring the boys from Iraq home but I'd attack Iran in a second if... He is willing to ignore liberty in the interest of perceived safety. He is willing to replace opportunity with entitlement. Under Obame, the IRS will flourish.

Sorry, I just don't see how those two men could be a viable candidate to the same person.

I understand, but.............I'm picturing my ballot come November (and we're talking who's ACTUALLY got a chance a being elected).............Obama - McCain..............that's my choice.............I voted for good ol' Perot way back when(lot of good that did!!!)............and are you saying that McCain is the man who'll lead us into Constitutional nirvana???.........................................I choose Obama. I believe if you re-read my post you'll note that I said if Paul would miraculously become a viable candidate (ie: if the country would actually open their eyes and realize how far we've swayed from our founding father's vision and say "Hey, Ron Paul is THE way to go!!!!), and I thought he could actually get elected, then he would get my useless vote. Obama is my "lesser of evils" candidate. If you think McCain is any better, then vote for him. I think you're gleaning certain parts of my post out of context to make a point. Ron Paul is at opposite ends of the spectrum from the entire field of candidates. They're all full of double-speak........the IRS will flourish under them all.

Hey, my thoughts may all be for naught............................It may just be a Hillary - McCain ballot!!!!!!.........................but I'll be in a cell in Guantanamo, so it won't matter!!!

Last edited:
Unfortunately, the only people who run for high political office...and have any real chance of winning are those who know how to play the Washington game of you kiss mine and I'll kiss yours...

Until we the American public get really involved instead of wringing our collective hands in powerless disgust...the Washington elite will always be in control.

It starts with grass roots anger like Muds' being voiced (often) by many to newspapers, radio, TV, local representatives and even our weak-kneed State and Federal congressmen and senators.

If my vote ends up as a throw away vote, so be it. It is after all, MY vote. Voting mainstream is an option I cannot take.

Ron Paul, at this point, has my vote. He does have baggage, though. There is some well documented instances of prejudice and bigotry in hiw past. I am assuming he has grown past that.

As long as he remains a constitutionalist, I am voting for him!

If my vote ends up as a throw away vote, so be it. It is after all, MY vote. Voting mainstream is an option I cannot take.

Ron Paul, at this point, has my vote. He does have baggage, though. There is some well documented instances of prejudice and bigotry in hiw past. I am assuming he has grown past that.

As long as he remains a constitutionalist, I am voting for him!

Here is a website that documents his racism(not)

check it out

racistronpaul

Back