Charleston, SC?

southtj

Anyone here live in or near Charleston? We might be moving there and was just curious about coastal living. Love it? Hate it? Good Jeep trails?

I do live in S.C., but on the other side of the state. I love the state, but I do know that traffic in that area can be a PITA. Don't know too much else about, I just spent 3 weeks there while I was in training, so I didn't really see what it was like to live there.

I lived there a few years back and I loved it. It is humid and on certain days you can smell the pulp plant all over the town, I didn't mind it myself because to me it had a sweet smell. There are a few barrier islands but they are small and usually have big houses on them but you can find some spots to wheel. There was a ORV park between Charleston and Myrtle beach but I can't remember the name and I believe there were a few clubs in the area. I guess Charleston was very fond to me for many reasons but one was I was on the ashley river bridge when they brought the hunley through from its watery grave since the civil war. You can also go to the Citadel on every friday and they have a neat pass and review ceremony. Let me know if you have any other questions.

... Let me know if you have any other questions.

The humidity shouldn't be a problem cause as far as I can tell online the weather in the summer is about the same as Memphis (very hot and humid) but not as cold in the winter. I'm looking forward to that so I can ride my bike year round. Are there any neighborhoods we should avoid in our house search? It would be great if we could live on the beach but I'm sure we couldn't afford it. We're looking for somewhere family friendly.

Back