Colorado Colfax Half-Marathon!

cewtwo

I am running the Colorado Colfax Half-Marathon Sunday morning (5/18). This is a 13.1 mile race. Starts @ (the ungodly hour of) 6:00 AM. Should take me 2:30:00 (or hopefully less!)

I am running the Colorado Colfax Half-Marathon Sunday morning (5/18). This is a 13.1 mile race. Starts @ (the ungodly hour of) 6:00 AM. Should take me 2:30:00 (or hopefully less!)

So, being that I've never run that distance in one shot, are you actually walking part of it? If not, why does it take 2.5 hours?? 13 miles scares the crap out of me. But I've always wanted to take on the challenge of a 1/2 marathon. Mostly because all of my life, in terms of athletics, long distance running has always what I've been worst at. I always tend to try and do things that I suck at to see how much I can conquer it.

Just curious....

What's your training regimen?

good luck on ur run! you'll be runnin right past my work, colfax and carr. i however will be still be in bed! gotta love the weekend!

have fun,
see you guys soon we hope :mrgreen:

What's your training regimen?

Actually, I use a modified Hal Higdon training schedule. I use the Intermediate. I use the mountain bike for cross training. I don't like strength training so I don't do it. Half Marathon Training with Hal Higdon

This will be my third half-marathon. I ran the Slacker last year in 2:37 (http://www.slackerhalfmarathon.com/). And the Georgetown to Idaho Springs half 2:28 (http://www.halfmarathons.net/usa_ha..._georgetown_idaho_springs_half_marathon.html). I also ran the unofficial Phedippidations World Wide Half-Marthon in 2:22 (http://www.worldwidehalf.com/cgi-bin/wwhalf/faq).

So, I'm no spring chicken! Wait. No, I meant to half-marathons.

I run 30 miles or more a week. My weekend long runs have been in the area of 12 to 15 miles so far. It is the only way that I have found to control my weight and keep fit.

I start training for the Chicago Marathon on June 8th with a Hal Higdon Marathon schedule. The Chicago Marathon is October 12, 2008 this year.

I know, I know. All you asked about was my training regimen.

Jeepstergirl? The full marathon will run by your office. The half runs from City Park to Anschutz children's hospital on the fitzsimmons campus via Colfax. It turns around and heads back via 17th Street back to City Park! Only one lane will be closed on both main streets.

Last edited:
oh no, i'm west on colfax. the ghetto part of colfax. i thought it used to run down this end of colfax....maybe i'm losing my memory in my old age. :crazy: i've seen signs signs all up and down colfax in the last month so i assumed it was over here.

I run my long distance runs at about an 11:00 minute pace. I can run 1 mile in 11 minutes so the race should take 2 hours and 40 minutes. The discipline is in maintaining the pace. Everyone tends to start the race too fast instead of following a trained-for pace. That can cost you in energy and pace time later in the race.

If I can maintain the 11:00 pace for the first half of the race, then I can kick it up in the second half, but I tend to wait until the last 3 miles or so.

I wear a Garmin Forerunner 205 when I run. I can check my pace and time during the race and then map it after I download it to the laptop at home!

I use Cliff's Shot Blocks for energy during the run. There will be water/gatorade stations every 2 miles.

I finished the Colorado Colfax Half-Marathon. I also set a new Personal Record (PR).
ColoradoColfaxHalfFinishTimes-1.jpg

My first half-marathon took 2:32 (slacker) and the second 2:27 (Georgetown to Idaho Springs). I think I did pretty well!

Yep! I got my half-marathon finisher's medal!
ColoradoColfaxHalfFinishMedal051820-1.jpg

I did run it last year. I am running it again this year.

I am a back of the pack runner. But, it does keep me exercised and much healthier!
RunnersBoard-1.jpg

dude, that is sweet. i wish i could run again but i get to bored. back in high school i ran a 5:11 mile and 9:50 two mile (fastest times) but i usually averaged about 5:15 mile and 10:10 two mile. in cross country i ran a 17:15 5k average with a 16:42 in a city invitational at uc riverside in socal. (i believe that was the school)

on saturdays coach would send us on 10 mile runs but i don;t remember the time. i know i did 5 miles in 30 minutes fairly regularly.

when i was in the military i did my pt test in 11 something. it was 2 miles.

i have not tried to run more then a half a mile since then. i miss the fun of the races but i get too bored with the training. i have to have someone to talk to while running or i just can't do it. that and the 100 plus degree days and high 90 percent humidity here makes running unbearable. i do the treadmill on high speed though

I know about training. Last year I ran the Seattle RnR Full. The race was not that tough, but the training was. Runs up to 22 miles can get to you.

BTW... I am nowhere near that fast. You can look for me at the back of the pack. I am happy when I turn around and see other runners still behind me!

ha ha ha, just finishing is good. most people cannot even run one mile

I run a seven minute mile but afterwards Its like I hit a wall or something I just can't go on.

If I pace myself to be able to run more it takes me like an hour to run 5 miles si I couldn't imagine running as much as you!

Back