All Electric XJ 4x4...

larrymo49

Maybe this guy's site has shown up here on Jeepz before...or he may be a Jeepz subscriber for all I know.

DriveEV.com: JeepEV - Jeep Cherokee EV conversion

Anyway, I thought his conversion to electric drive on his '88 XJ Cherokee 4x4 was pretty unique.

Not much mileage per charge: 30 to 35 miles between charges...and not really suitable for off roading (type of batteries used)..but hey...still pretty interesting from a tech standpoint.

Anyone see a future for off roading Electric Drive Jeeps :???:

Larry

He is, or was, a subscriber of this board, by the name of XJNick, if I recall correctly... I remember the build, he kept us all well informed, amazing stuff, really.

Yup, XJNick is correct. I haven't seen him around in a couple of years but he was a very smart kid. I think he was about 17 when he built that electric XJ. Very impressive.

I knew he was young too, I think you're right about the age, he was either still in, or just out of high school when he did it... Amazing.

DriveEV.com: NO Gas, NO Emissions, NO Problem!

His Email addy is on this page, in a format that would discourage spammers. Maybe soemone could give him a shout?

That project was pretty impressive. I was even more impressed when I learned of his young age.

:agree:

Yeah, I believe he got all wrapped up in college (there's a surprise!!!!!!). Smart, smart man. Hopefully, he'll come back on...............heck, Tug did!!!! (and TC :purple::purple:) so.....anything's possible.

I think he was a mod on the XJ forum, until he began pursuing an education relating to his passion for electricity. Nice guy.

Back