tire suggestions for street driven TJ

fast_Z28_guy

in need of some new stock size tires for the Wrangler.

tire rack obviously has a ton to chose from. just lookign for some honest input on ones to check out or to AVOID.

jeep is 99% street driven in south florida, LOTS of rain.

only consideration....and a small one at that...is we pull a 20ft boat some times. but not long distances.

suggestions?

I have a set of Yokahama (sp?) Geolanders. They have real good treadwear and are good on wet roads. They are too bad price wise. They have already last a lot longer that the stock goodyears.

BFG All Terrain TA/KO. Not the cheapest but good in the rain, sleet, snow, dry and pretty good offroad. Plus they look good. I have had three different sets on three different vehicles and all balance well and wear evenly.

If it were a plain old 2wd pickup of car I would say Michelin.

I second the above - BFG All Terrain TAs - I have had 4 sets over the years and have always been happy with them...I lived in Seattle for a number of years even...lots of rain...

whats the biggest tire i can put on a stock 03 TJ steel rim?

can i go a bit bigger than stock? might give me a few more options.

jeep is NOT lifted at all

I just went with the BFG ATs and am pretty happy so far. Lots of rain here also. I've got a 2" lift in the pic but I had 31's before lift with no problem.

BFG All Terrain TA/KO. Not the cheapest but good in the rain, sleet, snow, dry and pretty good offroad. Plus they look good. I have had three different sets on three different vehicles and all balance well and wear evenly.

If it were a plain old 2wd pickup of car I would say Michelin.

I would have to agree with Rooster on BFG KO's, I just dropped from 35's to 33 and went with the Ko's At first I was disapointed by the looks but once aired down to 12psi, they performed better than my old MT/r's on the rocks.

just replace what ever came on it from the factory.. good year wrangler gsa's I think

BFG's tend to measure a little small.. the 31" at physically measures closer to a 30" tall tire.

just replace what ever came on it from the factory.. good year wrangler gsa's I think

BFG's tend to measure a little small.. the 31" at physically measures closer to a 30" tall tire.

I have 26000 miles on my '06, and the stock tires are almost slicks. I just bought some General Grabbers.

I just put some 31X10.50s on my wrangler a couple of months back. The overall "Beefy" look is alot better than the stock tires in my opinion. There is also no fender rub at all with stock suspension, at least I havn't had any.

Back