Big pimpin in a Commander

TerryMason

Administrator
Staff member
Erin's (my wife) Honda Pilot is in the body shop, and insurance sprung for a temporary car for her - she ended up with a Jeep Commander. I must admit, it's a pretty nice ride! It's alittle too big for me (hard to park), and the base model engine isn't as powerful as I'd like, but the handling is pretty good, and it's got all the gadgets and cubby holes you could want.

The interior looks alot like the Chrysler 300 I rented a week ago, with all the same accessories, and the same key (I don't like the key for some irrational reason).

Attachments

• commander 013_Jeep.jpg
    commander 013_Jeep.jpg
    116.8 KB · Views: 116
  • commander 014_Jeep.jpg
    commander 014_Jeep.jpg
    77.2 KB · Views: 119
  • commander 016_Jeep.jpg
    commander 016_Jeep.jpg
    89.2 KB · Views: 105
  • commander 018_Jeep.jpg
    commander 018_Jeep.jpg
    104.7 KB · Views: 82

Here is the key - I don't know why I can't stand this thing, but I just hate it. You stick it in a shallow hole in the dash board (not steering column), and turn it to start the Jeep.

Attachments

• commander 006_Jeep.jpg
    commander 006_Jeep.jpg
    55.3 KB · Views: 78
  • commander 007_Jeep.jpg
    commander 007_Jeep.jpg
    45.5 KB · Views: 76
That is a weird key. Probably costs a good $500 or so to replace it to. crazy. I kind of like how the Commanders look, except for the wheel wells. They just look so close to the ground. But, hack those things out and drop some big fat mudders in...

We had a woman bring a brand new Commander on a trail ride. It went through everything we did. The factory lockers came in extremely handy cause it didn't flex worth a dang. She got stuck once and as they were trying to pull her out the d-ring broke and snapped back into her hood. Haven't seen or heard from her since.

At least the Commander is not a real "pimpmobile" like the Hummer H2....

Any more chrome added to those things and you could see them while standing on Mars. 8)

Terry...I bet that key cost more to replace than my MJ...

Larry

Back