electric impact wrenches

optowalt

Anyone have experience with them? The neighbors are becoming less and less tolerant of my compressor. Also corded or battery?

I have a craftsman electric corded impact gun. It works ok, but it is nothing like a pneumatic impact.

If it is a portable compressor, get some high density closed cell foam and put it under the legs of the compressor. This will cut down on the vibration transmission.

You could always leave your neighbors a big box of earplugs on their doorstep!

compressor and air tools, although there is one made by, i forget the name

not makita, yellow, its yellow

I've got a smaller air compressor that I put in a closet in my garage - it really cuts down on the noise. You should try to enclose the compressor somehow.

Are you trying to work at night?

NO!! No nite work. I still have to live with them. But the enclosure sounds like a plan with some closed cell foam. The ear plugs are even better. They might cure a multitude of sins.

Thanks. The hsky compressor looks good but then I would have to convince the wife I need a new one. No, I think the best way is to enclose the old one but I think a cordless electric would be a good addition to the back of the cherokee for emergencies.

I use both a Milwaukee 1/2 drive electric (corded) as well as a Hitachi 3/8 drive daily in the construction and modernization of elevators some as old as 1920's. They both perform very well with torque values hitting 150 ft lbs or better.
The hitachi is really nice for about 139.00
The Milwaukee I have had for 10-12 years and was about 165.00

Available at Home Depot.

Back