What Do You Hate About Your Jeep?

I hate that I didn't know more when I bought mine, just wanted round headlights! Wait, that's about me, not the Jeep.

I would say dislike (never hate) is the appropriate term because I will never be without a jeep now that I have owned one.

I get tired of wear n tear on my tinker toy. I have replaced clutches and brakes twice. Maybe it's my driving skillz or lack thereof. lol I'ts my first stick shift so who knows. I'm on my second set of tires heading for my third and I'm on my second soft top. The soft top about broke me. I had to replace some linkage or some crap in the 4x4 drive shaft, etc. last year. I had a gasket issue once also, last year.

Even with wear and tear she has not left me stranded too often. I have had not many major repairs done.

I get in and out with no trouble but others complain about it often. I love my console, my locking box, and my cup/change holders. All are in perfect position for me.

The stereo speakers leave much to be desired in my 2003. Also, that could be me. I might have killed them. lol

Otherwise, I love my Jeep!

I hate the D.W.,which has cleared up since the dealer pt on a new steering stabilizer,but from what I hear that fix will only be temporary

I hate the after market parts that dont fit without a hammer, hacksaw, drill, tap, welding rods, seven trips to the harware store and the nine hours it takes to do a job that should have taken 2 hours. And dont forget the open end wrench you sawed in half.

Lack of fuel efficiency and when it doesn't start!

Oh and having to beat all the hot chicks off it with a stick!!

i hate that my jeep is busted. i also hate the company who i brought a replacement computer for my busted jeep. it has been one month and 2 comps and it stll doesn't runnnn:evil::evil::evil::evil::evil::x:x:x:x:x:evil::evil::evil::evil:

hate all the power junk (windows, locks, etc)...i like things simple. but then again, it's the only XJ i could find under a grand, so i can't complain too hard about that.

loving the fact that for a modern(ish) vehicle it's very straightforward and easy to work on; hating the fact that its current deadness is seemingly impossible to figure out (see "confused newb" post in the tech section).

wouldn't trade, tho i think at this point the missus would rather i did...:roll:

hate all the power junk (windows, locks, etc)...i like things simple. but then again, it's the only XJ i could find under a grand, so i can't complain too hard about that.

loving the fact that for a modern(ish) vehicle it's very straightforward and easy to work on; hating the fact that its current deadness is seemingly impossible to figure out (see "confused newb" post in the tech section).

wouldn't trade, tho i think at this point the missus would rather i did...:roll:

I agree with the fact that it is hard to find a "basic" XJ Cherokee 4x4 without all the power options...and virtually impossible to find a ZJ Grand with standard trans.

I lucked out a few years back when I found my '87 MJ Comanche 4x4 with NO POWER ANYTHING!!!!...and that's the way I like it..uh! huh! 8)

Larry

Ok Todd, I Dislike My front and Rear axles.I want Dana 44s to replace them with. also the rear drums gotta go and replaced with disc brakes.

Back