09/11/01

firemanharry

As you go about your day tomorrow please take a moment to remember where you were, what you were doing, and what you were thinking 7 years ago.

Remember the victims and families that were affected by the terroristic acts that ended so many lives that day.

Think of the pain that so many are in today because they were involved in rescue and recovery operations during the aftermath of the disaster.

This was not a day to always remember........but a day to never forget.

God Bless all of the lives that were, and still are, affected by the tragedy of 09/11.

Seven years ago. Seems like both an eternity ago, and merely yesterday, but be it seven, or seventy years, I think that everyone in this country will remember that moment...

I had just woke up, came downstairs, groggy, and tired. My mom was crying, and my dad looked at me, and said "We're at war." It was about then that I noticed what was going on on the TV, the second plane hit as I was standing there in the familyroom waking up. I couldn't believe what I was seeing.

There are some things that you just never forget. It was a morning like any other, standing there waking up, deciding what to eat, corn flakes, or oatmeal, do I want coffee or tea... The most mundane everyday morning, the kind that normally, you wouldn't remember, because there was nothing noteworthy about it. But I know that I will never forget that moment as long as I live, and I hope against all hope that I never remember another moment for a similar reason.

I will never forget where I was. I was at Ft. Bragg in the 612th Qm Co (ABN). We were getting ready for our work call formation, and one of the guys come running out to tell us what had happened. I didnt get to see what actually happened until I got home that night because they locked the post down. I did, however, listen to John Boy and Billy almost all day for updates.

Back