RC jeep???

jeepin916

Hi guys im looking to get an RC jeep kit to build. anyone ever do this? i want gas powered r nitro. I dont know where to start or even look. Hobby shops have such a small selection.... any info will help thanks guys

I've been into R/C everything since I was a kid. Airplanes, Helicopters, Boats, Cars, Trucks......etc :) Not sure if they have a Jeep Kit in a nitro version. I've got a clodbuster I turned into a Clodzilla with a kit and they sell lexan jeep bodies to fit. Tamiya (Maker of the ClodBuster) had a Wild Willy Jeep kit back in about 1985 but I think they came out with a newer version Wild WIlly's II. They are electric though. I've got a Nitro T-Maxx that's pretty fun for big jumps and slingin dirt. The Electric zilla is better for slow crawling. Do a search on ebay, you may find somthing that someone has lost interst in and will part with it fairly cheap. Good Luck!

I've had zero problems with the T-Maxx. Traxxas makes them. Great quality stuff. They have a newer 3.3 Engine and they scream! Over 50 mph depending on model of vehicle! The Nitro 4-Tec goes over 70 mph! Mine is the older 2.5 version but it will do a wheelie all the way across the yard. Check this link, TRAXXAS Products Nitrothey have several Nitro's to choose from. It's pretty cool, they have a slayer now that looks like the Trophy Trucks. I would suggest getting an electric start with any Nitro vehicle you plan on getting. The Pull starters SUCK!!! Especially if you havn't ran them in a while. No fumbling around with glow plug ignitors either. Also, to give you an idea, check youtube for online RC videos of diffrent stuff to help you decide. Plus it's cool to watch what people put there RC's through! LOL!!!

Last edited:
Im pretty sure that you can get a Wrangler body to fit a TMaxx chassis. Thats probably the route I would take if I was you, as Traxxas is well known for being a great beginner vehicle that can take loads of abuse.

TRAXXAS - Summit Promo

Just ordered mine from "santa". should be here by end of december. Got a 3.3 revo now to hold me over. cant wait to break it in.

Just ordered mine from "santa". should be here by end of december. Got a 3.3 revo now to hold me over. cant wait to break it in.

Now that Summit Promo is SAWEEET!! That's awsome how Traxxas has figured a way to remotely lock and unlock the diffs. I wondered how long it would be til they came up with something like that after they had figured a way to make the T-Maxx have reverse with a nitro engine. If you're like me, you'll be climbing couch cushions and pillows on christmas morning until you can get outside! :shades::purple:

I had no idea how cool these things are!

I may have to pick one up for myself...

Got my new Jp Mag in the mail today. There's some good articles in there on some of the New R/C's including Rock Crawlers and Mini crawlers. Team Losi's mini rock crawler is pretty sweet!

I have a 2.5 Nitro T-Maxx and love it. There's a Jeep body available, and we have one, but I can't remember where we got it. I'm sure one won't be hard to find.

I highly recommend you get a good roll cage for it. Upgrade Suspension parts to aluminum as they break (they will break as you hit stuff).

I've also got the 2.5 T-Maxx. HPI Racing has a Lexan Jeep Body. Never bought one, but they look pretty nice. I upgraded my front skid plate to an aluminum one because the plastic one just couldn't handle the abuse. lol

Well after almost 4 mo it finally showed up. Well worth the wait. This thing is friggin sweet. Will climb a wall straight up w/ or w/o the front locker

Attachments

• 000_0038.jpg
    000_0038.jpg
    608.3 KB · Views: 5,568
  • 000_0034.jpg
    000_0034.jpg
    617.6 KB · Views: 430
  • 000_0035.jpg
    000_0035.jpg
    573.3 KB · Views: 3,651
  • 000_0036.jpg
    000_0036.jpg
    685.6 KB · Views: 654
That thing is cool! Looks awsome with that exocage. I've watched the promo video links on the internet to it and I really like it! You'll have to get some outdoor action shots up for us. Very Cool!

Back