1970 Jeep Renegade 1 worth anything??

hunter29078

First let me introduce myself to the forum. my name is Richard and I have been a jeep owner for about 10 years.

My question is that I have a 1970 renegade 1. This jeep has the v6 that came in them then and the jeep itself was made by kaiser. I am not a huge jeep buff and and I really don't know much about the history, I only bought this for driving around town. It has been really nice but now I am thinking about getting rid of it and maybe upgrading to a newer cj7. I was looking at what the old jeeps sell for and I was a little suprised. Anyhow I was researching my jeep online and read that there was only about 250 renegade ones made and I was wondering how rare are the original renegade and would it be worth keeping or how much should I try to get for it. Is the fact that it is a renegade make it worth any more? Oh yes it does have the transfer case with the pto if that matters. I am not a collector so the rareness doesn't really matter to me, I think they all look the same anyhow. I do know that the older cj5 parts are becoming harder to find.

I'm not a collector, but I don't know that a 1970 CJ-5 Renegade is worth more than say a 1974 CJ-5 Renegade. I think more importantly is the condition of the vehicle, the amount of rust, if it is all original or aftermarket.

Back