Jeep Orange Crush at 2008 Sema Show

TerryMason

Administrator
Staff member
By Erin Riches, Inside Line Senior Editor

During a walk through SEMA's massive truck and off-road section in the south hall of the Vegas Convention Center, my eyes landed on Orange Crush. Specifically, they landed on the 426 Hemi badge on the hood of this heavily modded Jeep Wrangler. Yeah, that's a 7.0-liter V8.

"Did you really fit that in this Wrangler?" I asked the man minding the stand for Crocker Off-Road Performance, which is based in Scottsdale, Arizona.

"It didn't like it, but we did it," he replied.

He whipped out a photo album showing Orange Crush with its entire front end ripped off during the surgery. He then opened the hood, now stuffed full of V8. Crocker claims 665 horsepower. Orange Crush uses Chrysler's 545RFE five-speed automatic. You can scan the build sheet here.

More interesting, you can watch Orange Crush on a dyno -- whatever's going on in this Jeep, it definitely sounds like it has a massive amount of engine.

Attachments

• 426HemiV8.jpg
    426HemiV8.jpg
    135.3 KB · Views: 1,409
  • orangecrushenginebay.jpg
    orangecrushenginebay.jpg
    144.7 KB · Views: 1,922
  • orangecrush-thumb-555x370.jpg
    orangecrush-thumb-555x370.jpg
    83 KB · Views: 41,279

that jeep is sick but this work computer sucks i cant look at the build or video until i get home tonight

Last edited:
That is awsome! I really like that one guys Hemi Shirt! HAHA!! To be pushin 40's that thing will scream! Thanks for posting that Terry

Sweeet ride.. i'd be scared to drive it thinking someone will smash into it. preety cooool though. Thanks Mr. Terry.

Back