Sign it!!! Make Obama prove is eligibility!!!

TwistedCU

Sign the petition here:
Petition to See Barack Obama's Birth Certificate

Alan Keyes has a lawsuit in California... explained breifly here:

(exerpt taken from Wikipedia.com's page on Alan Keyes)

Obama citizenship lawsuit
Keyes and Markham Robinson, chairman of the American Independent Party and a California candidate for presidential elector, filed a lawsuit on November 14, 2008 against the California Secretary of State, President-elect Barack Obama, and others.[90][91] The suit requests that Obama provide documentation that he is a natural born citizen of the United States.[92][93]
Similar lawsuits were previously filed by citizens in several states, seeking a copy of Obama's long-form birth certificate, and those states include North Carolina,[94] Ohio,[95] Pennsylvania,[96] Hawaii,[97] Connecticut,[98], New Jersey, Texas and Washington state.[97] A major obstacle to such citizen suits has been lack of standing, as none of the plaintiffs were presidential candidates or presidential electors.
Barack Obama's short-form birth certificate has been posted online at Obama's website Fightthesmears.com as well as Factcheck.org. A short-form birth certificate is different from a long-form. Obama's short form was laser-printed and certified by the State of Hawaii June 6, 2007 as prima facie "evidence of the fact of birth in any court proceeding".[99] Keyes is seeking a copy of the original long-form certificate prepared in 1961.[92][93] Keyes' petition says that the statement by the head of the Hawaii State Department of Health that she had "personally seen and verified that the Hawaii State Department of Health has Senator Obama’s original birth certificate on record in accordance with state policies and procedures" is insufficient proof of Obama's citizenship, and that "the only way to verify the exact location of birth is to review a certified copy or the original vault Certificate of Live Birth and compare the name of the hospital and the name and the signature of the doctor against the birthing records on file at the hospital noted on the Certificate of the Live Birth".[92][93]

<can of worms opening>

I'd like to think that the FBI, CIA, NRA, ASPCA and all those other agencies with cool acronyms have done their investigating into the background of our future president. Is it possible we're being lied to? YES! Is it probable that this is what we're being lied to about? NO!

I'm not too happy he was voted in as president, but I'm dead, damn positive I'd be just as unhappy if McCain had won too. The country is in a sad state. No one man, Democrat or Republican, is going to change that.

Now let the flaming begin!

Happy Thankgsgiving!

Fact:
All legal challenges to his being qualified as a "NATURAL BORN CITIZEN" have been thrown out of court because the plaintiffs have had a lack of "standing"

Fact: The Obama campaign posted a copy of a "certificate of live birth" on the web. It is not a true birth certificate (which would have a doctor's name and signature as wll as other info), and the type they provided can be and has been aquired by those who would not be considered a "natural born citizen" as the constitution requires of someone to hold the office of the president of the United States of America.

Fact: Alan Keyes ran for president as an independant against Obama and McCain, which means he has "standing".

In question: Does Obama have proof that he is qualified? We won't know until it is provided. He may, but he has yet to show us. Why? One would think it would be a matter he would want cleared. IT stands to reason that if his birthplace or even citizenship is in question it should be found out to uphold the integrity of our highest government office. Keep in mind it is not his citizenship that is necessarily in question, it is if he is a natural born citizen. This was put into our constitution to ensure there would not be divided loyalites.

You can call me names if you wish. I'm a big boy and can take it. If Obama surprises me and provides sufficient evidence that he is in fact qualified as our constitution requires then I will call him my president, just as I did with Jimmy Carter and Bill Clinton. I did not vote for them either but I am an American and respect and value a fair election.

As for the wikipedia info, yeah it can be edited by anyone. It was just the clearest analysis that I had read. the WND website has tons of info and links if you want to further read up on it.

Bottom line is December 5th there will be US Supreme Court justices looking into these cases and the ball has begun to roll.

I'm sorry that you fell the way you do but I'm not going to spare back and forth with some who wont open his eyes read my links and hopefully it will be over and we can get back to talking about jeeps on this jeep forum . This is my last post on this subject.
Obama birth certificate rumor debunked -- chicagotribune.com
Fight the Smears: The Truth About Barack?s Birth Certificate

I have read both of those long before you posted them, as well as Snopes' synopsis and also many others. The problem with all of them is they take for granted the inadequate document and the word of a Hawaii State official as proof, which I doubt will hold up in court.

Keep in mind that no lawsuit about this has been thrown out because Obama satisfied the plaintiff's request with evidence. they were ended because the plaintiffs had lack of standing.

It is not my eyes that need opened.

Chicago tribune? Obama's constituents' paper? Fight the smears is Obama campaign run.

Note that with lawsuits of this multitude and more arising daily that the major media keeping their hands off this one should raise an eyebrow. Even the likes of Drudge are holding off linking this stuff because there will be much civil unrest over it all.

I ask you... does it matter to you that he may not be constitutionally eligible to hold the office? Or, would you just rather ignore the possibility to save the peace?

Have we, as a nation, become so ridiculously politically correct that we no longer put value on truth? Is the Constitution not worth honoring anymore? It is all we have folks. It is all we have to keep us as a free people. Without it we have no voice, we have no defenses, we have no liberties and no freedom.

.....Have we, as a nation, become so ridiculously politically correct that we no longer put value on truth? Is the Constitution not worth honoring anymore? It is all we have folks. It is all we have to keep us as a free people. Without it we have no voice, we have no defenses, we have no liberties and no freedom.

Did not want to join this thread (been there, done that.....not a pleasant thing), but Harry, where was your voice as the Bush administration chipped away at our Constitution?? As they continually lied to us??

Did not want to join this thread (been there, done that.....not a pleasant thing), but Harry, where was your voice as the Bush administration chipped away at our Constitution?? As they continually lied to us??

I'm not speaking for TC here, but I want to interject for a minute.
I have come to realize that Bush has been a disaster especially in the last 4 years but maybe for some different reasons than you might think.
He claimed he was a conservative but ended up being a wishy washy bumbling man. The liberals dislike him for not being liberal enough and the conservatives like me dislike him for being too liberal.
He had a real chance to lead his party and reform the country back to some form of Constitutional mindset but instead he just spent money and grew government bigger and bigger. Poor leadership.
He sucked on border security, illegal immigration, entitlements, education, budgets, and an out of control justice system that still have two border patrol agents in prison for doing their duty and he has no intentions of offering a pardon to them, but he has seen fit to pardon a foodstamp queen, a few lying bankers and some old pals convicted of drug crimes.

Self governance, self reliance, and personal responsibility were traits needed by a society bound together only by a political concept of Liberty when the nation was young.... nobody from either party seems to understand the ideals that once made our people the greatest nation on earth
God help us

Mud,

I have always been opposed to the Patriot Act, and bush's policies on Immigration. There are many others, and while I was in agreement with many of the things he did in his first term, I am in agreement with Mark (90) about the second.

I would be willing to bet that we are disgusted with the Bush administration for entirely different reasons, but we would agree on the constitutional ones. I am a huge advocate for upholding the constitution and always have been.

I know you think this is about me and others being bitter about the Dems winning so big this election, but it is not. I was expecting the win, and it is deservedly so... the Republicans have lost their way and so has this country. I, for one, wanted Ron Paul. Had he not quit the race I would have voted for him. Many did anyway.

I don't want Obama out because of his politics. I want him to prove he is eligible for it. His being disqualified will be a win for our country in the manner that our constitution would be upheld and adhered to in all instances, but it would be horrible in the unrest it would cause, and also the fact that whoever gets in won't have a mandate.

Honesty, McCain would not be much of an improvement in my eyes. He may even be worse as it could mean the absolute end of the Republican party.

Maybe that wouldn't be so bad after all, as where one fades another would have to rise...

All I will conclude with is my prayers are that the constitution is upheld, and I will be content with either his proving he is eligible or he is disqualified. My thoughts are that the latter would be more realistic, but more likely this issue will somehow be swept under the carpte and our Constitution will once again be further comprimised. That is what I want to avoid.

I guess we'll see soon enough what will happen.

I'm not speaking for TC here, but I want to interject for a minute.
I have come to realize that Bush has been a disaster especially in the last 4 years but maybe for some different reasons than you might think.
He claimed he was a conservative but ended up being a wishy washy bumbling man. The liberals dislike him for not being liberal enough and the conservatives like me dislike him for being too liberal.
He had a real chance to lead his party and reform the country back to some form of Constitutional mindset but instead he just spent money and grew government bigger and bigger. Poor leadership.
He sucked on border security, illegal immigration, entitlements, education, budgets, and an out of control justice system that still have two border patrol agents in prison for doing their duty and he has no intentions of offering a pardon to them, but he has seen fit to pardon a foodstamp queen, a few lying bankers and some old pals convicted of drug crimes.

Self governance, self reliance, and personal responsibility were traits needed by a society bound together only by a political concept of Liberty when the nation was young.... nobody from either party seems to understand the ideals that once made our people the greatest nation on earth
God help us

and you know after saying all of that, and knowing what I know
I still would NOT have voted for Gore or Kerry;)

All I will conclude with is my prayers are that the constitution is upheld....

Of all that will be devastated by the Obama presidency...the appointing of activist Supreme Court and Federal Judges is the scariest
...because these are life time appointments and these judges will continue to do damage long after Obama's gone.

Legislation will no longer need to come from Congress. The new Justices will take care of that.

God help us...our constitution...and our once beautiful representative republic.

Larry

Mud,

I have always been opposed to the Patriot Act, and bush's policies on Immigration. There are many others, and while I was in agreement with many of the things he did in his first term, I am in agreement with Mark (90) about the second.

I would be willing to bet that we are disgusted with the Bush administration for entirely different reasons, but we would agree on the constitutional ones. I am a huge advocate for upholding the constitution and always have been.

I know you think this is about me and others being bitter about the Dems winning so big this election, but it is not. I was expecting the win, and it is deservedly so... the Republicans have lost their way and so has this country. I, for one, wanted Ron Paul. Had he not quit the race I would have voted for him. Many did anyway.

I don't want Obama out because of his politics. I want him to prove he is eligible for it. His being disqualified will be a win for our country in the manner that our constitution would be upheld and adhered to in all instances, but it would be horrible in the unrest it would cause, and also the fact that whoever gets in won't have a mandate.

Honesty, McCain would not be much of an improvement in my eyes. He may even be worse as it could mean the absolute end of the Republican party.

Maybe that wouldn't be so bad after all, as where one fades another would have to rise...

All I will conclude with is my prayers are that the constitution is upheld, and I will be content with either his proving he is eligible or he is disqualified. My thoughts are that the latter would be more realistic, but more likely this issue will somehow be swept under the carpte and our Constitution will once again be further comprimised. That is what I want to avoid.

I guess we'll see soon enough what will happen.

Well said.

Back