Happy Thanksgiving All !!!

mud4feet

One of my favorite holidays, to be sure!!! Time to give thanks for the blessings we've received.

This one started (for us) on a strange note. We decided to head back to the mountains (where our hearts lie) and talked our daughter-in-law into coming with us (with our 2 grandbabies in tow). All went well for about 10 hours (12-13 hour drive total) when, in the Nantahala Gorge, the bolt on the upper control arm of my son's Nissan Frontier decided to leave this world!!!!!!!! Mudwoman driving, babies in the back, daughter-in-law in the pass. seat, me in the Jeep with 2 dogs watching it all play out in my rearview mirror!?!?!:shock::shock: Mudwoman, bless her heart, got is somewhat off the road, I called 911, and a few cold hours later, a tow truck arrived. So we drove from the gorge to our house (about an hour and a half) with 3 adults, 2children (1.5 and 4), 2 dogs (a boxer and a mutt), and numerous suitcases on my rack, in a Wrangler, to the house. Don't wanta do THAT again!!!! And yet, I am thankful!!

So now we have a Nissan Frontier needing some suspension repair (TRY to find an upper control arm bolt for a Nissan in the mountains of North Carolina on a holiday weekend!!!), needing to drive back to Louisiana on Monday, and, of course, celebrating Thanksgiving Day here where our hearts belong......and yet, I am thankful!!

I am thankful that mudwoman and I found each other.....I am thankful that that DAMN bolt chose that point in time to go (in retrospect, it could've been MUCH, MUCH worse!!!!)....I am thankful that everyone is safe and sound, in spite of the cold, in spite of the dangerous conditions involved in this fiasco. I am thankful for my son, lame ass that he is (Can you say "Maintenace????").

Needless to say, I am thanful to be alive and that everyone I love is alive. Hope y'all have a great Thanksgiving and PLEASE, PLEASE count your blessings!!!! You never know when life's gonna throw you a curve ball.

PS............if you're from Detroit.....................you never know, the Lions might acutally WIN a game!!!!!!!

grateful mud signing out

Really glad you made it safe and sound although crowded and just think you are home..around the ones you love.

Happy Thanksgiving Mud and Mrs Mud!

Happy Thanksgiving!

Glad everything turned out OK mud.

I'm still trying to get over stuffing myself at Cracker Barrell

Back