My Marathon Run

cewtwo

Hi Everybody! I have not been on a lot recently. I apologize for that.

I made an attempt to run a marathon at Chicago on October 12th. I was a DNF (Did Not Finish). At mile mark 24.7, both of my lower legs cramped and I fell to the pavement. I was out of that race.

I was so close. I was depressed, but wanted to keep going. I kept up the training and signed up for the Las Vegas marathon. On Sunday, December 7th, I ran the Las Vegas Marathon. I completed it in 6 hours, 4 minutes and 22 seconds. I have run a marathon! I am a marathon runner!

I just wanted to share that here as many of you knew that I was making the original attempt.

I appreciate all of your support. Training (and many, many long runs) consumed a lot of my time.

If you are interested in more details, you can visit my blog here -
Why, How, What, Where I Run...

Charles White, Marathoner (finally).

Congrats...this is no small feat!!! This is a HUGE accomplishment!!!

I've got tons of admiration for what you just accomplished, because after my 1/2 marathon, I am convinced I have neither the dedication nor the genetics for it.

:cookout:

No small feets? Nah - 12.5!

I think I had that very same feeling after my first half-marathon!

No small feets? Nah - 12.5!

I think I had that very same feeling after my first half-marathon!
Trust me, I went through the whole, it's only mental you can do it thing, but nah..I know my body. I could maybe hit 15 miles....with more training.

I'm built for short bursts of speed, I'm not the distance frame. I sprinted in high school, cross country was definitely NOT my thing. Even when I was running ALL the time (wrestling, boxing, Mixed Martial Ats/JuJitsu) I was always the worst distance runner.

It's more for health that I run now...3-6 miles a day...depending on how I feel.

Blessed relief from training now!

3 or so miles per day! 6 days a week.

Now, not only am I slow at marathons, I'm slow at everything. I am looking for another competition now, though.

Not in this current Denver cold snap, though... Brrr...

Blessed relief from training now!

3 or so miles per day! 6 days a week.

Now, not only am I slow at marathons, I'm slow at everything. I am looking for another competition now, though.

Not in this current Denver cold snap, though... Brrr...
I KNOW! It hit -15 last night at the airport! IT was +60 Saturday at 3pm! That's a 75 degree drop!

That's some crazy fluctuation. Denver's not really a cold place...but for a few days, but it's usually in January...Jeez..

Congratulations on completing one of the most humanly grueling races ever devised...(those crazy Greeks!) :lol:

Like Mingez...I was a sprinter in school...only good for short bursts (fast twitch muscle fibers).

I play competitive league tennis now once or twice per week which is perfect for my running endurance and speed.

Anyway, stay healthy and good luck in future races.

Larry

Congrats. I have ran numerous 10k's and a few 10 milers while I was in the Army, but I couldnt run one mile right now.

Why dont you try a Triathalon for a change. I would like to get back in shape to TRY AND FINISH one myself.

Congrats Cewtwo, I knew you could do it, so next trip is the week after Easter...no hotel room this time we do slick rock camp ground. You up to it this time?

I am going to be in Moab that week!

I'll be there from Saturday or Sunday (12/18 & 19) to the next weekend.

It is the same week that my other group is going! Let's see if we can't get some thing going!

Have you tried the Moab 1/2 marathon ... it one of moab nicer events....

witz

I KNOW! It hit -15 last night at the airport! IT was +60 Saturday at 3pm! That's a 75 degree drop!

That's some crazy fluctuation. Denver's not really a cold place...but for a few days, but it's usually in January...Jeez..

Back