Jeep Paint Wrangler

IrishMike

I live in Florida and the sun is horrible on the paint job. Any suggestions on a type of paint I can use on my 1995 jeep wrangler. My wrangler is black but I am willing to go lighter if it would be better in the sun. Thanks for any help

Olive Drab Green. Its already faded and flat. Very little maintenance.

I repainted mine a couple of years back. Did a color change from black to blue. used P.P.G. base and about six coats of P.P.G. clear. Holding up great against the winter salt and summer sun pounding on it so far.
image-missing.png

image-missing.png

Last edited:
Use a quality Paint.... PPG ETC... A good PPg Clear coat and a good wax 3 to 6 times a year.... A good carnnuba like Mothers or Mequires has UV protection in it.

Start out Sanding the old paint and use a Sealer to lock in your old paint, then Use a good Epoxy based sandable primer... if you are not interested in a high gloss show room finish then get a Single stage paint. If you want a top notch job you use a multi-stage paint. If all else fails Ryno line the thing.... and never worry about rust or anything.

if you can get your hands on it there is a product that dealers apply ro new cars called zillon that i watched a guy at a dealer take krylon and run a line across the hood of a BRAND new cobalt (on the lot still) and let it dry a half hour in the 90 degree sun.when he came back he took a DRY towel and in one wipe had removed ALL the spray paint!!it is 100% uv repellant and shines like wet look wax.i got some for my ridgeline and never wash the thing,just spray it off with the hose and it looks new again.

Back