Software to make your computer faster

87jeepwrangler

hey everyone im new here but i just wanted to tell everyone if u have computer problems at home ask me i will be able to tell u the programs to make it faster and a couple of tricks to make it faster so if ur computer is slow ask me and i will help u out have a great day joe

OK, I'll bite. What software are you talking about?

Also, titling your post "everyone please look" and putting it in the CJ / JK forum is not appropriate. If you have info to share that's ok, but don't make misleading threads.

whats wrong with your computer is it slow there are a couple of programs that are free and will speed up your computer ccleaner is a good one it cleans up ur internet history the stuff u cant find and the is a free spyware program that works the best its called superanitspyware free edition look all this up on google to download it its free and it works if ur computer starts up slow and when it load a lot of crap comes up there is a internal program on your computer its called msconfig you just go to start and then run the type in msconfig and when it comes up go to the startup tab and disable all and it will ask u to restart just restart and ur computer will load fast and start quicker hope that helps when i get home tonight ill find the programs that i have on my computer and i will post there names and where to get then hope this helps all -joe-

That's OK. We just try to keep Jeep related stuff in the Technical sections, and other chat here, in the General Chat section.

there is a internal program on your computer its called msconfig you just go to start and then run the type in msconfig and when it comes up go to the startup tab and disable all and it will ask u to restart just restart and ur computer will load fast and start quicker ...-joe-

I do not recommend you do this unless you know what you are doing. Yes you can do this but you may also disable some functionality of your PC or programs that you really do want starting at start up.

I'll say it again and I'm not trying to be a smart A, but please try to use some punctuation. Your posts are very difficult to read without it.

I do not recommend you do this unless you know what you are doing. Yes you can do this but you may also disable some functionality of your PC or programs that you really do want starting at start up.

I'll say it again and I'm not trying to be a smart A, but please try to use some punctuation. Your posts are very difficult to read without it.
:yeah-that::agree:

Well, yeah, but if you disable networking, printing, etc, etc, it will load faster :lol:

You just won't be able to do anything once it loads...

i didnt mean to come off like i knew everything if ur on like a network it would not be good to do but the programs that i listed are great programs but the msconfig is a little advandce sorry for posting it but if u do the msconfig thing once u re use that program it gets put back in again im sorry if i meslead anyone -joe-

i didnt mean to come off like i knew everything if ur on like a network it would not be good to do but the programs that i listed are great programs but the msconfig is a little advandce sorry for posting it but if u do the msconfig thing once u re use that program it gets put back in again im sorry if i meslead anyone -joe-

Msconfig is a great tool, and it's pretty powerful, but I believe you can disable just about any service / startup program on your computer. This is great for tweaking your PC, but you can cause some big time headaches if you aren't careful.

Msconfig is a great tool, and it's pretty powerful, but I believe you can disable just about any service / startup program on your computer. This is great for tweaking your PC, but you can cause some big time headaches if you aren't careful.

Yeah, it must eliminate punctuation!!!!! :shades:

whats wrong with your computer is it slow there are a couple of programs that are free and will speed up your computer ccleaner is a good one it cleans up ur internet history the stuff u cant find and the is a free spyware program that works the best its called superanitspyware free edition look all this up on google to download it its free and it works if ur computer starts up slow and when it load a lot of crap comes up there is a internal program on your computer its called msconfig you just go to start and then run the type in msconfig and when it comes up go to the startup tab and disable all and it will ask u to restart just restart and ur computer will load fast and start quicker hope that helps when i get home tonight ill find the programs that i have on my computer and i will post there names and where to get then hope this helps all -joe-

Do you know of any programs that help with punctuation and sentence structure?

It is appreciated that you're throwing information out to help others, but it's tough as hell to follow.

CCleaner has the same, actually better, functionality than MSCONFIG for disabling startup programs. With CCleaner you can delete the entry, whereas with MSCONFIG you can only disable it.

Yes, there is a program that will fix punctuation, grammatical and spelling errors. It's called MSWord. If you type your message in Word prior to posting it you also get the added benefit of having the message saved if your browser crashes while posting the message. Anybody who has spent 1/2 hour typing a message only to have it disappear after hitting the Reply button will appreciate this tip...

MSCONFIG sucks! Let the dang computer boot up.....open the programs you're not using, one at a time, and change the freaking properties so that it doesn't start everytime you start your computer! MSCONFIG may be a great tool, but for Joe User it's not necessary.

What the heck do I know though.....I'm just a fully cert'd MCSE without a functional server or current back-up!

Back