Any Jeep Mechanics out there?

ZBTstang

Now I know most people on this site are able to basically build a jeep on their own. However there are some of us that are less mechanically inclined (myself included). This site seems to have developd a loyal jeep community. One thing thats been on my mind is that if this is true than we should be able to help each other out.

So im wondering if there are any mechanics on this board (by this I mean own or work at a shop) that we can go to for help, advice, to get our jeeps checked out, all that good stuff without getting overcharged and all the other bad stuff .
image-missing.png
This is good for us because we can find reliable mechanics and good for the mechanics because you'' be getting business. So if youre out there post youre location, etc.[addsig]

I work in a garage when they need the extra help. Olean, NY... 70 miles south of buffalo, near NW PA[addsig]

Good call and we all need one at least one if we own Jeeps. If we are not getting something repaired we are trying to mod to get off the road where ca can break it better. I have a shop in walking distance with great mechanics that don't gouge me! So I understand you question! Tug[addsig]

I wouldn't really call myself a mechanic...more like "really mechanical". I've tackled quite a few projects with success...I've rebuilt engines, pulled transmissions (including this latest one), done suspension work, and put on a lift kit on my jeep...all by myself...I took auto shop in high school and that got it all started....I found out that I love to work on cars, especially jeeps. Since I got my jeep I have done hours upon hours of research on how to fix or replace just about everything on it (well almost). As far as working at a shop...I worked at a local tire shop for a while....mostly I fixed flats and put on new tires, but occasionally did a brake job or shocks or an oil change. I don't work there anymore because the place went out of business (not my fault haha....the owner couldn't pay the rent on the building anymore). I really liked working there and wish I still was. I may try to get a job at a real mechanic shop but the fact is there really aren't that many here in my little backwater town.[addsig]

Jeeps are realativly simple beasts, i've conquered many tasks on my own, get your self a haynes manual, and a good set of tools, and there's not much you cant do on your own...or with the help of some local jeepers[addsig]

I work at several local shops and some chain shops on an as needed basis. Don't know that it'll help but I'm located about 10 miles south of Memphis TN. Chances are if you're somewhat mechanical I can probably talk you through most things. Alot of things are much easier than you think. If you have a decent set of hand tools and know how to read a multimeter then you're good to go. I posted a reply to a post of yours on TPS. Hope it helps. I've worked on just about everything that has tracks or tires. I'll help when I can. Good luck[addsig]

Back