Got hit by a drunk driver

Sostoked

Hey all, so I'm bringing my son home from baseball practice and this car swerves into my lane and smashes me head on, I check on my kid then run up to dudes car thinking he had a seizure or something but when he tries to speak all I smell is Budweiser and old cigarettes. Now I'm ****ed but when he tried to back up to drive away I lost it, I reached into his car and snagged the keys and when he tried to get out of his car his face met my right hand. Cops show up and guess what? yep, NO INSURANCE, NO LICENSE, NO REGISTRATION!!!. The only good part about this whole thing is my trusty Jeep escaped with only minor scratches on the bumper, his car? TOTALED!! every one should drive a Jeep.

Damn! Im sorry to hear that. At least everyone was ok.

I'm glad everyone was okay. Note to all: this is an excellent example of why you should never decline Uninsured Motorist (UM) coverage.

Uninsured motorist coverage is a MUST here in Northern California due to the high number of undocumented illegal border jumpers we have living here. When they wreck they simply walk or run away from the scene. 9 times out of 10 its not even their car they're driving.

Sorry to hear that..I almost lost my life from a Drunk Driver Several years back. i swear i have 0 tolerance for drinking and driving.. The D.A. filed suit against him for D.U.I., Felony hit and run, and attempted murder of an off duty peace officer..The fact that he left the scene and nobody was able to remain in eye contact with him, the D.U.I didn't stick in court, however we got him for the rest of the charges. his insurance first claimed that his policy was expired therefore they didnt want to take responsibility.. My lawyer did a Great job doing his investigative work and found out that there was 2 more days left before the policy expired. guess what, i sued the insurance company and won $132,000 all together..i only took $65,000 and the rest went to my lawyer and Medical Bills.. i was out of work for 9 months doing Rehab for my injuries.. I thank God you made it ok..

Glad you are ok. I have never been in a wreck (knock on wood) but if I was and the person was drunk I would have a hard time not beating the mess out of them... :)

Not to hi-jack, but I am... Steel your PM is still showing this...
"SteelHeadz has chosen not to receive private messages or may not be allowed to receive private messages. Therefore you may not send your message to him/her.

If you are trying to send this message to multiple recipients, remove SteelHeadz from the recipient list and send the message again."

That really puts it in perspective for me, it could have been so much worse we were really fortunate to have come out without a scratch. I have no patience for drinking and driving or all the excuses that come with it.

Wow that sucks man but glad you your kiddo and the jeep are ok.

Glad you're alright. I used to think it was alright to drive after a few, then I had a rude wakeup and almost got a DUI. Set me pretty damn straight...

First I feel your pain, I know whats its like getting hit by some one who didn't have insurance, Since I carry a special rider (9000$ for add on's)for my jeep, the insurance company has since listed it as a "custom vehicle".

So I had to up my personal deduction to 1250$ to save enough money to eat top romin, during the 4.00$ gas crunch.
Then some uninsured jerk hit me and caved in the whole tail corner of my jeep, he pushed the light basket completely into the corner, and pulled the tub down, needless to say to get it fixed was 1181$ ha just my luck
So I had it pulled for 150$, ordered some crusher corners 328$ had them painted 300$ and installed them over it.
Cheaper but it all came out of my pocket!
I have since modified the under and uninsured part to a 500$ deductible. But kept some at the 1250$ in case I roll it.
And F.Y.I. if some one hits you and you don't carry a special rider, the other guys insurance totals your jeep, they will pay for things like bumpers, winch and tires and rims. But they will not pay for things like axles and lockers, 4:1 Tera low nor replacement transmission or on board air or welding stuff. So talk to your agent about your D&D / trail rig and see what is and isn't covered.
And the guy who hit me ...he got a free ride back to Mexico.

I don't know If I loaded the pictures right. Anyway, HIT and RUN and that is me 14 broken bones, burned, and a coma for a while. He was probally drunk . he was never found, probally a good thing , my friends always got my back . Jeep much safer.
Dave

Attachments

• bike 3.JPG
    bike 3.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 1,301
  • dave 2.JPG
    dave 2.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 1,692

Metal is replacable, people are not. Glad to hear your alright.

Back