need some advice

strangler4x4

I am looking into putting 33 x 12.5 R15 tires on my jeep right now it has a 2" bb lift and a 1.5" body lift. It will clear height wise my question is how much back spacing is needed? I have 31 x 10.5 r15 on there now and they are very tight in the rear like a 1/2" from the spring tower. Is there anyway to do this with out buying new rims??

If it rubs, you can install a wheel spacer to compensate the clearance issue, but it will make those tires stick out a little bit more. on the good note, it will also help in clearing your lock to lock rubbing on turns if not all.. if it does rub a little, you can adjust the stopper bolt on the axle to stop the knuckle from turning in too far.

I have 31x10.5x15's on my 01 TJ and the front rubs on the rdius arms a little. I had considered adjusting the stop a little but I have wide flares and the tires would look a little better out a little so I bought 1 inch spacers. I haven't put them on yet I have measured before I bought'm and the tires are still under the flares. I think the wider stance will look better and a little better stabilty and maybe ride also.
I bought the spacers on E-Bay for $50 a pair.

Back