Bumper Weight versus Tire Height "Suspension Puzzle"

wildcat1

Got a 2006 Rubicon Unlimited w/standard parts. Would like to make some upgrades around the bumpers, winch and tires.

Looking at putting some Warn RockCrawler Bumpers on (61853, 61855), as well as a Warn Grill Guard (37170). Also plan to put on a Warn Powerplant HP (71800).

With this added weight, how much suspension (and what type) would I need to safely clear 31" or 32" inch tires?

I would just put a small coil spacer in the front to compensate for the extra weight of the winch, the bumpers won't add too much weight over the factory units. If you really wants to be able to Fine ture the height, you could install adjustable coil spacers front and rear, will allow for leveling as you add more weight, and will work with just about every lift kit if you want to go that route.

Rubi's have 31" tires stock, a 32" tire is not really much of an upgrade, I would go to a 33" tire with about 1" of lift which you can get from the adjustable spacers.

Johnny,

Thanks much for the advice!!!

Any recommendations on adjustable coil spacers?

Also, I am looking at 3 models of AT tires (probably won't be doing alot of heavy off-roading....mostly daily driver). The 3 tires are: Toyo Open Country A/T, BFG Rugged T/A, and BFG All Terrain KO. Any preferences or recommendations?

Any guidance would be greatly appreciated.

i would go with the bfg ATs over your other to choices.. considers bgf MTs they wear great. no louder then most ATs and much better when you do find yourself off road.

just my .02$

Back