Jeeps day out

avan

This is part of our club enroute to the desert for a day of fun. We stopped to refuel and have a cup of coffee. Seven Wranglers and a Cherokee.

Attachments

• Parking 1.jpg
    Parking 1.jpg
    107.3 KB · Views: 219
  • Parking 2.jpg
    Parking 2.jpg
    91.9 KB · Views: 185
There's nothing like seing the whole parking lot full of Jeeps. Jeeps Rule!!! Hey! i want one of those license plates.

That is cool as crap. You have any pics of ya'll playing in the sand?

2 pics of play time. we normaly like to stop for a coffee break in a bowl so those wanting to do some side-sloping can go play.

Attachments

• play 2.jpg
    play 2.jpg
    23.6 KB · Views: 179
  • play 1.jpg
    play 1.jpg
    33.4 KB · Views: 204

That's Awsome! Do you guys have to take any extra precautions as far as Jeep Maintenance and the sand getting into everything mechanical?

Most of us run with K&N airfilters with the outer cover always on. Oil changes ever 4000-5000kms. I have the engine & chassis HP water cleaned once a month. Its the driveshafts and suspension that seem to take the most punishment , but we have become good at "Bush mechanics 101"

They Jeeps, We ridem ,they break, we fixem, we ridem again

Gas is so dam cheap hear that we can afford to be out on the sand every weekend. It costs me Aprox $26 to fill the Jeeps tank. As a group we like to plan trips and do hard fast runs from one town to another often doing distaces of up to 50 miles over the dunes. For family days we set up a base camp then do short rides in varying degree of difficulty, as some members only have stock 4x4s. I also have an old Land Rover Discovery that I use of training runs as the heavier car keeps me honest in choosing lines through and over the dunes.

Back