And now the Hillsville Post Office and I...

NeHi

...are no longer friends. I was at work today when I get a page to come up to the front desk. I was kind of excited walking up, thinking that maybe my wife was swinging by for a surprise visit. I really love when my wife comes to see me. She is a beautiful woman and I love to see her as much as possible.

However, I was not that fortunate.

Anyway, so I walk to the front desk, and there is one of the ladies I work with and a postal worker. The lady I work with says, "Um, Seth, this man is here to collect a fee that hasn't been taken care of yet." And I stammer, wondering "aww, crap, what haven't I paid off that was big enough to have someone come to my place of work to retrieve payment?" and "what the heck does this have to do with a postal worker?" So, I do the normal greetings and salutations with the guy, and he explains that he came from the Hillsville post office to collect this fee. Now, mind you that I live in Virginia and work in North Carolina. Home is 25 miles away from work. So, therefore this guy has driven, across state lines, 25 miles to collect this fee from me.

What was the fee for? It was for a change of address for my health insurance.

How much was the fee? FIFTY FREAKIN' CENTS!!

So, like I said, the Hillsville Post Office and I are no longer friends.

Attachments

• USPSBS.jpg
    USPSBS.jpg
    46.8 KB · Views: 142

Amazing!! I think common sense left the country sometime around 9-11.

yeah, the guy seemed really annoyed about the whole thing, too. I felt sorry for him having to look like an idiot. If it were me, I would have road around on the post office's dime and bring them $.50 at the end of it. oh well...

Back