How many....

Jeeper99

pairs of Jeans and shorts have you ripped at the rear belt loop while trying to get in the wrangler? LOL!! I'm on my 3rd pair and my girlfriend ruined a couple pairs in one week. Seems my big arse gets too close to the door catch. :lol::lol::lol:

I keep my keys on a carabener (sp) and I can't count the numebr of times, I have ripped the belt loop off of a pair of pants because it gets caught on things.

This has already happened to me once and I have only had the Jeep for 2 weeks

i always hear about people ripping their belt loops, like in "you know you own a jeep when..." i dont get it, i dont see what it could rip on? haha, i feel like im missin out on the full jeep experience, lol.

Never ripped any clothing climbing in our out of my Jeep, to eliminate this problem you could drive naked.

Never ripped any clothing climbing in our out of my Jeep, to eliminate this problem you could drive naked.

my luck, as soon as I tried that, I would leave one of my cheeks hangin in place of the torn belt loop. :lol:

I did it alot on my CJ, but haven't done it yet on my TJ.

The older hard doors have a "pin" mounted to the body that the doors latches on to close, but the newer TJs have sort of a metal loop that doesnt seem to snag as easily.

I figured it out. I stand 5'6 1/2"tall and 32" wide 160lbs, therefore my seat has to be closer to the pedals so i can safely operate the beast. With this in mind, my seat is more in the forward position from the rear of the door jamb where the striker is located and prevents my ARSE (Mud) from getting snagged. Does this make sense?.

LOL makes perfect sense to me. I'm 6' 3" and my seat is as far back as it will go and I could still use some leg room.....:D

Hey Terry, those loop style strikers still bite on the TJ's...... sooner or later, we will see your post on this topic. hahaha!!

Im so short my feet just touch the ground when standing. So my seat too is closer to the steering wheel than to the rear bumber, hence no snagged jeans or shorts

My Jeep is too high, have to step on swamper to get in! No casual rollin in and out of it, but.....many of my jeeper friends walk around with ripped loops! Funny! Its a Jeep thing! We have a club meeting on Saturday, Im going to count them,:shades: Hope nobody gets the wrong idea!

Back