Grandpa?

SteelHeadz

Super Moderator
As two of the people here already knows, i was informed by my 21 yr old daughter on 4/23/09 that i'm going to be a grandpa:shock:. I'm not sure how to react to this since i'm only 39. I am happy that we are getting a new member in our family. I guess i just feel older being called a granpa:cry:. I can't wait to give e'm lot's of sweets thou:D..

From a Granpa:
We cant live the lives of our children or make dicisions for them. When my daughter told my wife who told me that we were to become grand parents. I sat both of them down and after reading them the riot act, asked them to draw me up a 3 year plan on how they see the future. They then had to work out a monthly budget on what it costs to bring up and feed a child and how they were going to achieve it.

Of course my grand daughter was born and we love her to bits and spoil her rotten, but hey, that what grand parents do. One of the greatest feelings was cuddling my grand daughter for the 1st time.

So congratulations Granpa!

Was where you're at a couple years ago. Of course, I'm 55 so I guess it was about time. The good thing is, you get to do stuff like this:

From one "Papaw" to another,
Congrats!!!

Man, you make me feel old (at 36) to know somebody close to me in age is a grandparent. Thanks ;)

No, really, congratulations, you will be all the happier.

Don't feel so bad Mike, I was a grandpa at 39 as well, my grandson is the light of my life, even though he calls me grumpy.
It has been pay back for all the times my son has attempted to give me a early heart attack. I spoil the heck out of him, hype him up on candy and send him home :evil:

Don't feel so bad Mike, I was a grandpa at 39 as well, my grandson is the light of my life, even though he calls me grumpy.
It has been pay back for all the times my son has attempted to give me a early heart attack. I spoil the heck out of him, hype him up on candy and send him home :evil:

With you on that one Gramps :D

Thanks. I think Steven has a great idea. I remember those nights when i told my kids "no candy" and "gums" before bed time, Pay back time. I catch myself exited about all this grandpa thing. I just thought that it's not suppose to be till i'm at least 45. Now i'm probbably not ever going to let my hair grow so i don't see any white or gray on top of my head.

Congrats.. I am luck where by the time I am 39, My daughter will only be 9 years old.

Enjoy it, my father tells me being a grandfather is like being a father durning all the fun time, but the kids go to someone elses house at night.

Was where you're at a couple years ago. Of course, I'm 55 so I guess it was about time. The good thing is, you get to do stuff like this:

From one "Papaw" to another,
Congrats!!!
That was great!

Come to think about it, my dad was around 40 when he became "Grampa".

It'll be great, I'm sure.

Dude, your old. Get a cane and some suspenders and a front porch rocking chair.

Well thanks Sam. The closest i've gotten to a pair of suspenders is a shoulder holster that has clip on's for the belt. My brother has 2 cane's. 1 pulls out a sword, and the other pulls out with a .22 cal LR. I might take the .22 LR. Good idea Sam:D.

Congratulations! Personally I think it's great being a grandpa (4 times). Grandkids love riding in the jeep - top down/doors off! Spoil 'em - send 'em home!

As two of the people here already knows, i was informed by my 21 yr old daughter on 4/23/09 that i'm going to be a grandpa:shock:. I'm not sure how to react to this since i'm only 39. I am happy that we are getting a new member in our family. I guess i just feel older being called a granpa:cry:. I can't wait to give e'm lot's of sweets thou:D..

Hang on there Mikey, I just done the math.(39-21 = 18,,) How old were your in-laws when you told them the same ???:shades:

Last edited:
Congrats.

Thats what I was thinking, avan. She is older than you were when she was born. having said that, if I become a grandpa at 39, it better be from a long lost encounter with some random German or Korean chick, because my son will only be 10 at that point.

Hang on there Mikey, I just done the math.(39-21 = 18,,) How old were your in-laws when you told them the same ???:shades:

Yeah well they were around their 50's when i first met them. My father-in-law was more ****ed at me when i bought my wife her own motorcycle so i could take the backseat off mine.

I have 5 that range from 18 months to 17 years. The best part of having them so young is that you can truely grow with them.Congrads and enjoy

Both my daughters hit me with this one last summer! Thankfully they devised a name for me that didnt completely rob me of my youth (Gi-Gi) which, I am sure in time, will evolve into Gi-jeep! Its all good! The huge plus for me is they are BOYS!! Didnt think Id be into it, but I just LOVE them to death! Its crazy!! Enjoy, and congrats!!!

Back