The Jeep wave...

JeepChick79

I was wondering if anyone else (in your neck of the woods) has noticed 4 door wranglers rarely, if ever, waving back?:x

There's lot's of 4 door wranglers running around here where i live. Almost all the Jeepers here will wave back if you wave at e'm. Most of them will walk up to me and strike a conversation while i'm at a store. I've no clue who they are or if i've even met them from the past. After a few minutes in the conversation i would figure it out that i wave at them in the morning on my way to work and sometimes on the afternoon on my way home.

I gave up on the wave back in 2003. I guess I am an elitist ;)

That and My jeep has not been street driven since 2006

I've found that almost all CJs, YJxs, and TJs wave and many XJs. Very few of the other model drivers seem to have a clue...at least around here. Northern Illinois isn't known as an off road haven, so that mindset probably isn't as ingrained as a more rugged location. Most of the 4x4s are for getting around in the winter. All 3 of my vehicles are now all or four wheel drive.

When I wave at the Wrangler and CJ guys from my Comanche MJ...they just kinda look at me funny. Guess I need to get a Wrangler...so I can fit in. :???:

Larry

When I wave at the Wrangler and CJ guys from my Comanche MJ...they just kinda look at me funny. Guess I need to get a Wrangler...so I can fit in. :???:

Larry

I usually wave at other Jeeps first but I always return a wave from anyone that gives me one altho I may not always be looking if its not a jeep.

guys and soccer moms in new shiny jeeps dont wave.
they aint from here.
old farts in anything wave at me in my willys.

Ive noticed if a female is driving a JK 4 door, they will not wave. But, if a female is driving a TJ/YJ/CJ, she always waves. Doesnt make sense to me.

I haven't driven my Jeep in so long, I forget the fun of the wave. One time, this guy in a somewhat built YJ stuck his head out the side, smiled and waved like a mad man. That was funny.

There's this one lady who drives a yellow TJ with a hood bra. She never waved. She looks like a psychohoesbeast to me.

I haven't driven my Jeep in so long, I forget the fun of the wave. One time, this guy in a somewhat built YJ stuck his head out the side, smiled and waved like a mad man. That was funny.

There's this one lady who drives a yellow TJ with a hood bra. She never waved. She looks like a psychohoesbeast to me.

Why must they use hood bras!!! =(

They put them on not knowing they will just rub the paint off instead of scratching the paint off....:p

:D Scratches and Jeeps go together like Taters and onions or peas and carrots. Whichever floats your boat. :scratch:

I drive a ’79 CJ7 and I wave at everyone, but most TJ owners with a stock setup don’t even look at me. I usually only get a wave back from a lifted Jeep. I don’t think a lot of new TJ owners know about The Wave.

Ya know, Ive noticed nobody ever waves if Im in the XJ; when I had to put the TJ up on account of my being hurt and unable to drive the thing, anyone in a CJ or Wrangler would routinely wave at me in my TJ; but sincve Ive had it back on the road? seems like never anymore; I catch myself waving at other Wrangler/CJ owners even if I'm in my '83 3/4 ton Dodge truck; I wonder if these people (who never return the wave, when I'm in the truck) think I'm crazy or realize that I Do have a jeep too, even though I'm not presently "in it" when I pass by.
since more "yuppie-types" buy Jeeps that don't ever go off road with them, I doubt they "get it"; also that may be why, to me anyway, the 4 door version seems like a "wanna-be" Hummer???

Back