Who here has served, or currently serving?

Which Branch were you?

• U.S. Army

Votes: 20 41.7%
  • U.S. Air Force

Votes: 6 12.5%
  • U.S. Marine Corps

Votes: 7 14.6%
  • U.S Navy

Votes: 12 25.0%
  • U.S. Coast Guard

Votes: 2 4.2%
  • International Military

Votes: 1 2.1%

• Total voters
Army
joined in 04
so far I've been in
1-43 6th CAV, Korea
1-43 35th BRIGADE, Korea
1-7 108th, Ft. Bliss
4-5 31st, Ft. Hood
4-5 69th, Ft. Hood currently tcs'd to Korea again
all ADA

the Alcoholics Defending America:beer:

U.S. Army
Enlisted 6/68, Ft. Ord, Calif.
In country CuChi 2/69-2/70
Fort Carson Colorado 2/70-6/71
Mos 67n20 UH1 Crew Chief/Door Gunner

Joined the Army: 1995
Basic & AIT: Ft McClellan, AL
1995-1998: 91st / 92nd Chemical Company, Ft Stewart, GA
1998-2000: 55th Signal Company (COMCAM), Ft Meade, MD
2000-2002: 1-4 ADA, Wackheirm, Germany
2002-2003: 141 SIG BN Wiesbaden, Germany (OIF 1)
2003-2008: US Army Chemical School, Ft Leonnard Wood, MO
2008-present: 1-25 SBCT, Ft Wainwright, AK (OIF 08-09)

Enlisted 78, Basic and AIT at Ft Knox Kentucky. Stationed in Germany C trp, 1st sqdrn 4th cav, 1st IDF Panzer Kaserne, boeblingen. AR reserve 84-87 Brockton Ma. MOS 63c (reclassified 63n), OJT NBC scout (forget mos #)

Crap. Forgot about Texas. Ft hood btrp, 7th cav 1st cav div. I was only there 6 months before ETS.

U.S. Navy - 8 years - Naval Flight Officer - TACCO / Mission Commander in the mighty P-3C Orion!

Pensacola, FL; Sacramento, CA; Jacksonville, FL; Barber's Point, HI; Sigonella, Sicily, Italy.

It's funny I thought there would be more Air Force on this forum than Army. Guess the Air Force must be in to something other than Jeeps.

US Army
95B Military Police

June 1990 Basic
January-July 1991 Desert Shield Desert Storm Saudi, Dubai and Kuwait
October-April 1998 SFOR Bosnia
Honorably Discharged December 2002

The Deployment rate was getting too often

62' to66' 4 years on cva31 bon homme richard (carrier) many months in gulf of tonkin , don't feel sad for an old guy, i feel great with my 97' sport under me!

United States Marine Corps
Echo Co. 2d Btln, 5th Marines
1st Mar Div.
Camp Pendelton, Ca.

1986 thru 1991

First Gulf war vet.

Semper mother ****ing fi...

US Army - Got drafted (remember the draft?) in April '68. Basic training at Ft Jackson/SC, AIT training for Combat Engineer (pontoon bridges, air strips, etc) at Ft Leonard Wood/MO. Sent to Korea (after AIT last names beginning with A, B, and C went to Korea - all others to Vietnam). Got to Korea & was picked with 2 other guys in our group to be Clerk-Typists at 8th Army HQ's in Seoul (gotta think the MAN upstairs was definitely looking out for me) . Spent 13-1/2 months in Korea & was discharged upon return to the states in November '69 (common practice then - bases here were too full so if you extended your stay in Korea so you came back with less than 5 months to serve of your 2-year enlistment they discharged you - honorably).

Me a draft dodger, went into the Coast Guard. 22 years of honarable service retired 1995 it is young mans game now. Attached US Army NBC, Attached USN underway instructor GTMO, Desert Storm attached Roosevelt Battle Group, CO of chemical team inspecting bunkers in Iraq. Boarding Officer two busts 26 tons and 24 tons of pot. Lots of other stuff too.

Attachments

• My Rack.jpg
    My Rack.jpg
    101.3 KB · Views: 293
  • Having Fun.jpg
    Having Fun.jpg
    46.5 KB · Views: 304
  • CG Surfing.jpg
    CG Surfing.jpg
    46.1 KB · Views: 153
man didn't realise how long ago, but in 62' joined the navy, far east bound ,gulf of tonkin, off vietnam on uss bon homme richard cva 31 , set free in 66', what an experience.

I myself have never served. I have had three brothers US Navy, ships were USS Kitty Hawk, USS Midway, USS Sides, USS New Jersey, USS Enterprise, the BEST navy in the world. One brother US Army.

Thanks to all who have, and who are, and will serve, and their families as well, who pay the sacrafices for our freedom.

Joined in 04

21D (Army Diver)

deployed to OIF 06-08
Have been TDY all over the world

Currently a SSG (E6)

Happy Veterans day to all that have served and those who are still serving

HOO-YAH DEEP SEA

US Navy, joined in January, 2001, at barely 17 and still on active duty. I've been stationed in Little Creek/Norfolk, VA, Everett, WA, and now San Diego, CA. I am a BM1/E-6 and been all over on 4 deployments. Third generation serving the Department of the Navy (grandpa was in the Navy and served in WWII in the Pacific, and my dad was in the Marines during Viet Nam). I just got home from the Gulf (again) and am probably seperating from service next April though... Thanks to all those who have gone before us and stood the watch while we were in diapers or just a twinkle in our daddy's eye!

US Army/Reserve/Nat Guard 91A (medic)

9/87 Basic Training Ft Knox, KN
11/87 AIT Ft Sam Houston, TX
2/88 3/82nd FA 1st CAV Ft Hood, TX
9/90 Reserves
5/93 PA Nat Guard
9/95 ETS

All good time, all good people
(it is amazing how time makes things SEEM better)

Kevin

Marine Corps boot camp 1978 in Parris Island SC. "A"school in Lakehurst NJ for 7011.
First duty station was MCAS Yuma, AZ for 2 years then to Okinawa, Japan back to Yuma where I reenlisted for retraining to F-18 Avionics. Off to Millington Tn for 6 months then to MCAS El Toro for several years. Transferred to MCAGCC 29 Palms in 87 to fly the Unmanned Ariel Vehicles for 6 years. Went to Desert Storm for 8 months. Got RIFTED in 1993 and joined the Army National Guard in the same year. Became a 88M and 88F in the guard, deployed to OEF in 03. Got hurt and was on medical hold the entire time my unit was in country. Retired in 2005 with 27 years total. Getting too old to play a young mans game.
Semper Fi to all the Marines.

Back