Who here has served, or currently serving?

Which Branch were you?

• U.S. Army

Votes: 20 41.7%
  • U.S. Air Force

Votes: 6 12.5%
  • U.S. Marine Corps

Votes: 7 14.6%
  • U.S Navy

Votes: 12 25.0%
  • U.S. Coast Guard

Votes: 2 4.2%
  • International Military

Votes: 1 2.1%

• Total voters

Wouldn't have passed the physical, no point in trying. Several vets in my family though. My bro-in-law is a Vietnam Marine vet and a group leader to Rolling Thunder every year. An uncle earned a Bronze Star in the Battle Of The Bulge but sadly he spent Veteran's Day in the hospital with a mild heart attack. Thank you all for your service.

Basic 06' Fort Knox
AIT 06'-07' Aberdeen Proving Ground, Maryland MOS 44E (Machinist)
07'-Current Ft Polk, LA
Since 07' im on my 2nd Deployment to Iraq witch is where i am right now

Thanks again to those who are currently serving and to those that have served.

A lot of my fellow Infrantymen went to Ft. Polk when we deactivated the 9th ID back in '91.

March-May 1985 Ft Sill OK, Basic
May-Sept 1985 Ft Bliss TX, 24M Vulcan SYS Mech
Sept 85- Feb 89 Budingen Germany, 3/61 ADA, 3/5 ADA (alcohol and drug abusers)
Feb 89-Sept 89 Ft Bilss TX, Patriot SYS
Sept 89- August 91 Redstone Arsenal, AL. 70th Ord OMMCS (det. Ft Bliss)
Sept 91- Feb 93 Bitburg Germany, 5/7 ADA

Weylyn, I was with Patriot ADA for a short time at Ft. Lewis Wa, was ground defense and route recon (11B) before they replaced us with Stinger crews. We were 4/7 ADA or something like that, wish I could remember all the units I was in.

USMC 0311 Oorah!
Aug-Nov 94' parris island recruit training
Nov 94'- March 95'- SOI Camp Geiger, NC
April 95'- April 96'- GTMO Bay Rifle security company windward
April 96'-Feb 98'- 3/7 29 Palms MCAGCC
March 98'- May 98'- MSG School Quantico, VA
May 98'- June 99'- US Embassy, La Paz, Bolivia
Jul 99'- Dec 00'- US Embassy, Helsinki, Finland

Thank you to all my brothers and sisters who have served, are currently serving and will serve in the future.

Semper Fidelis Warriors!

Weylyn, I was with Patriot ADA for a short time at Ft. Lewis Wa, was ground defense and route recon (11B) before they replaced us with Stinger crews. We were 4/7 ADA or something like that, wish I could remember all the units I was in.
Thats ok, I did the 11 bullet catcher thing too. Jumped from planes, and many other things I did not list. I left active duty and went into the guard. Hence why I was 11 bang bang. Miss it sometimes, other times not so much. ALways thankful for those who serve though. Oh and it was 4/7 ADA in Lewis

USAF 43151
Crewchief
84-88
basic Lackland AFB, Tx
tech school Shepard AFB, Tx
duty station Hill AFB, Ut

Was a crewchief on F-16 in the 388th Tatical Fighter Wing.
I was assigned to protect Utah from the Russians. And while I was there there was not a single Russian invasion.

As a side note the 388th TFW was the first deployed and flew the first sorties into Iraq in '91.

Joined '94 as 73C (Finance Clerk), almost 7 years active duty. 3 at Bragg doin the Airborne thing and 3 out in Monterey, Ca at DLI.

Joined NG in Feb. '01....pretty much guess how that turned out~!

I'm a 25B (Network Admin) now, doin my second deployment. :shades:

My son just got back aug this year 25B also. I hear you guys are in high demand. My son and I are both in the sig Brigade. Kinda cool but he is catching up to me in rank. And has toyed with becomming a WO.

3rd generation military, (son is the 4th gen)

US Navy 1980 to 2001
Boatwains Mate
HCU-1 (Harbor Clearance unit one)
Plankowner MDSU-1 (Mobile Diving Salvage Unit one)
Plankowner USS Safeguard ARS-50
SIMA Pearl Harbor
USS Worden CG-18
USS Carl Vinson CVN-70
USS Camden AOE-2
IMF Everett

21 years 7 westpacs. A lot of fun times and a lot of sucky ones, wouldnt change a thing.

I did not serve in the military, but my son is presently deployed.

US Army, SPC, NCOIC, 7th POG, Bagram Airfield Afghanistan.

MOS is 25B ... gotta keep those computers talking to each other so every soldier knows what needs to be known as SOON as it can be known!

USMC FSSG Cpl 1993 - 1997
4066 Small systems Spec
4067 ADA Programmer
4025 Cobal Programmer
Spent most of my time deployed for real and training
Camp Lejuene, NC
Operation Sea Signal 94-95 GITMO Cuba
2 CAX 29 Stumps
Camp Fuji Japan 96 - 97 deployment from Okinawa 3d FSSG

you probably know my dad. he was with 2mef at camp lejeune and retired out of there in 94 or 95 as a master or sergeant major. he was in some kind of programming also. george buseman is his name. he came back as an l3 guy for a while and took as reassignment to south carolina for the same job.

i was army from 95 to 98
95- bt at fort jackson
airborne at fr benning
ait at fort jackson for a records clerk
95 - 98 assigned to 24th infantry (reflagged to 3rd inf in 96) at kelly hill

never deployed but sure trained for it. lots of SRPs and training (hammerfocus, war hammer, you name it, we did it--dogfaced soldier!!!)

break in service 98 - 03
03- ait at fort eustis for a black hawk crew chief
wife is eppileptic and turns out if your spouse is eppileptic then you are not a deployable so they ask if you want to stay in or get out so i figured that the army had changed a ton since i was last in and i wasn't so gung ho anymore so i got out.

03 - present, army civilian stationed at corpus christi naval airstation. still get to go tdy once or twice a year and do all the fun army stuff but no more pt. i wish they had a program where we could do it with one of the navy units (do they do pt) but other then that, same as being active. still get all the benefits and now that i am higher up the ladder, when i travel i get officers quarters :)

US Coast Guard
Nov '90-Jan '91 Boot camp, Cape May, NJ
'91-'92 USCGC Blackhaw (WLB-390) San Francisco, CA, Deck Seaman
'92-'94 USCGC Firebush (WLB-393) Kodiak, AK, QM3
'94-'96 USCGC Cuttyhunk (WPB-1322) Port Angeles, WA, QM3
'96-'00 USCG Aids to Navigation Team Cape Hatteras, NC, QM2
'03-'06 USCG Station Curtis Bay, Baltimore, MD, BM2/BM1
'06-'10 National Aids to Navigation School, Yorktown, VA, BM1
'10-?? USCG Aids to Navigation Team Ft. Lauderdale, FL, Executive Petty Officer, BM1

My son just got back aug this year 25B also. I hear you guys are in high demand. My son and I are both in the sig Brigade. Kinda cool but he is catching up to me in rank. And has toyed with becomming a WO.

WOC is the way to go if you want to get a lot of training. I don't have that much time left until I can retire and I'm not sure I want to start training all over again. Besides, I've been gone for most of my 5 years of marriage already....much more and the wife will probably stop putting up with it.

Back