Looking for info/advice on stock wheels/tires

prof_fate

I bought a 90 YJ a few years back. It has 2" spring and 1" shackle lift and oversize flares.
It had bald 31x9.50 (15 inch rim) 'all terrain' tires.
I got 31x10.50 'mudder' type tires and been running them ever since. The current mudders are heavy 6 ply beasties.
It's got aftermarket rims...steel, chrome, not sure the size/offset.

I am planning a very long trip and want to put more stock like tires/rims on it for better ride, mileage, etc, but I don't want it to look stupid with tiny tires inset from the flares.

I've seen some newer wranglers with 235/70-16 (if I recall) that are only about an inch or so smaller in height so I'm thinking that might work, but the offset has me wondering...

I'm thinking I can find stock rims cheaper than new aftermarket ones, but butler parts a rama is in a few weeks and I might find a good deal up there on new ones...if I know what size tire I want/need.

I am wanting to go as light as possible for ride purposes (going to drive to alaska and back from PA).

So, anyone got some input or assistance? Or even rims/tires to sell?

235-75-15r or 215-75-15r were the two tire sizes stock for a YJ. look for a tire in that 29-30" range and aluminum rims. The less rolling mass, the better the milage.

Back