manual or auto whats more fun?

image-missing.png

Anything in manual is more fun... accept for machine guns, fully auto is the way to go.

Well said Joopin. Automatic is fine in everything but a Jeep. That's half the fun...being closely involved with the machine.

:-| Mine is gonna have the original T-90 in it. 3 Speed manual. Nothing wrong with autos by me, I do prefer manual but it really ain't a biggy.:-|

That's a hard one to answer. To me I like the manual but a times I get myself in trouble of wishing I had an auto. Because I can't even to begin to tell you how many time I came close to rolling my Jeep.

Perhaps it's a regional thing.

Back in 89 when I bought my first Jeep (comanche) I was interested in snow plowing and trailer pulling. Auto was recomended for both, but auto jeeps were very rare around here then, but down south i'm told they're common and manuals are hard to find.
I ended up with a manual and it was fine. Between that and the two cars before it I drove nothing but stick shifts for over 15 years.
Then I had kids...and minivans and 'family cars' don't come in stick. I looked at an Accord a couple years back that was stick after having drivin auto-only for about 10 years and I found I'd gotten lazy or complacent - I like an auto.
Now the wife wants a truck as a toy and we're only gonna look at sticks as that's what she wants.

So I think for a daily driver, especially if you have rush hour stop and go do deal with an auto is the way to go.
If you are playing in the woods I also prefer an auto, but it's a close call.
If I'm gonna play in the snow then I want a stick shift.

I've got an auto in mine, and I've received some smack talkin from people a couple of times on the trails.

I like an auto because you can concentrate on where you're going, rocks, lines, etc, and not have to worry about stalling out or rolling backwards.

Have an Auto in mine as well. My youngest son had a ball in the Jeep on the sand as he could concentrate on the line and route and never had to worry if he was in the correct gear to climb a steep dune. The Wife also prefers the auto box when driving in the city and stuck in a big "Go-slow"

Back