Sni--Who????

Snitty

Hey guys...

I'm gonna assume over half of you have no idea who I am, but the old Jeepz vets should be able to recognize this name.

I was a rather regular visitor here back a few years ago, for a while. You older crowd, what's happened in the time since then and now? I really wish I would have had the time to keep around and keep up with things.

As for me... not too much has changed, other than work. I still do what I used to do, construction, but I partnered up with an old friend and expanded to become a rather large contractor in the area. A few things here and there have changed, improved, gotten worse.. but most things are pretty much as they were when I was around more.

Bla bla bla... chat chat... main point here is... today, I went out to the jeep that has been sitting in my yard for two years due to a cracked frame and broken main leaf. I hooked up some jumper cables, turned the key.. and without hesitation, the loud roar of the still-just-as-alive-as-ever engine kicked me right back into needing it in my life again. Tomorrow I'll be putting a temporary transit plate on it and moving it to our shop. From there I'll be stripping it down and starting my rebuild.

I feel kinda bad leaving you guys and just coming back out of the blue, but I must come back to the ones who I shared the jeep life with once before. And I'm gonna need your help.

I plan on keeping SOA. I plan on also going with a 1 or 2 inch body lift with possibly a 1 to 2 inch spring lift. I'll be keeping the 33s I have (which kept fully inflated for the 2 years parked). I'll be keeping my entire engine and drivetrain. I may keep my axles and steering. I will be keeping my interior, but everything else is up for replacement. Frame... It is fixable, but if I can find one at the right price, I'd rather go with one that hasn't been cracked. Body... beyond repair, not worth even trying to patch up, so I WILL be needing a body (93 YJ by the way). Suspension. I have a broken main leaf in the back, and they are tired anyway. I'll be needing new springs, preferably with a mild lift.

ANY help I can get to get the parts I need, or any help with suggestions, or any ideas someone may want to put to use "just to see what happens if..." during my rebuild... please let me know.

I hope to keep some time set aside to have a place in this forum once again.. and I hope that time starts now.

Time for bed, morning comes fast, and tomorrow I blow the dust off an old book and get onto the next chapter.

Later guys,
Snitty

Hey Snitty, Ya I remember you, Lived in NY with a impressive beard. Regarding your jeep, that much lift is a lot of lift. with SOA on stock springs, 35-37" tires should fit perfect. your adding another 4" to the game, you in 40-42" tire territory. If you have not, I would trim the fenders out a lot more.

As for parts, I have a heck load of CJ parts, some YJ parts, it would be easier for you to let me know what you want and then work from there. I do not have any bodies, but I do have some hoods and grills in the back of the shed I think.

Snitty's back!!! Someone go find RedRooster and Mingez and it'll be like good 'ole times. Were you still around when Sparky and TC got into it or had you already left the board by that time? A lot of the older guys seemed to disappear after that little fiasco.

Good to see ya' back, Sniffy!!!!!...............................(did I spell it right?) :rofl::rofl::rofl:

Some really good newbs on since you've been gone, but it's not quite what it used to be (no really a bad thing). The "General Chat" is not such a risky place to go anymore.

hey snitty how about pulling that engine thats got a zillion miles and replacing it with brand new military m151a2 about 2 grand would do it.and of course if youre straight six doesnt need a rebuild yet,just make it work thats a start.welcome.

Attachments

• military.JPG
    military.JPG
    54.7 KB · Views: 177

Whos the old dude?
Hey its someone older than mud...oops I mean dirt
Welcome back Snitty

Hey, I new to this website but have been Jeepin off and on since about the early 1980's. I'm currently doing a 3B rebuild (when ever it's cool enough to breath outside, that is). :redface:

Hey snitty I'm one of the new guys too. Gotta love that SOA! My body was shot too so I went with fiberglass. It will never rust but the grill bars are kinda weak.

Back