Stuck on 4th of July......

mud4feet

Well, mudwoman and I decided to go kayaking on the 4th, since I wound up having to work on Friday. Went down to Bayou Sara (where we've been before) but I thought I'd try a different put-in.........the Mississippi is dropping, so levels change every day. All went well, we put in down by the ferry, drove through a few mudholes to get there, found a place to park, and then drug the kayaks down to the river and put them in (maybe 150-200 feet). When we took out, I thought I'd move the Jeep closer to make loading them easier. Thought I had a good line, but the mud didn't agree. A few pics........

Mud, realizing what a dumb-arse he is........
stuck1.JPG

stuck2.JPG

stuck3.JPG

I called a bunch of folks (including a tow company - not much help) and my buddy Jason came to the rescue! Jason's in the truck, that's his dad in the pic (down from Virginia - made me feel like a crawfish heel:redface::redface:). Didn't take much to jerk it to "traction"

rescue.JPG

Hope y'all had a happy 4th!!!

At least it only cost you some time. I wonder what the tow company would have charged.

Glad everything worked out.

Good one Mud!! , I could'a sworn that you could have winched your jeep on that bush in front..LOL. Good Times Man!!

Back