Where do you put clutch fluid in an 89 YJ?

Hey there. I just bought an old 89 YJ that's in fairly good shape but it doesn't seem to like shifting into first and reverse at times. A friend told me to throw some Dot3 fluid in it but where I thought it went seems to be the wrong spot. As you can tell, I haven't been around cars much but hope to be an expert like you guys soon.

Lmao. 10yr+ anniversary. Maybe the dude just wanted to know what DOT3 fluid was and didn't want to start a new thread. Lol

Sorry yall. I know what DOT3 brake fluid is, I was just trying to be nice. My 1963 International Scout had a clutch slave cylinder too. I didn't know you could use brake fluid in it and I never noticed the original post date. :hide:

It took me awhile to figure out what he was talking about. This is what happens when you get old like me. I'm your future.

It took me awhile to figure out what he was talking about. This is what happens when you get old like me. I'm your future.

Took me a while to figure it out also, brain is getting a little dim,eye sight is getting a little blurry, but on the positive side. The ugly girls are starting to look pretty good, as long as I dont put my glasses on.

Back