So What's in Your Tool Bag!

Tug-n-pull

When you go out wheeling, what do you not leave home without?
image-missing.png

Tools are the best friend you have on the trail when the stuff hits the fan. I always take Tug straps, and a highlift jack on the trail along with my basic tool box! Other than these whats in your tool bag! Why are these items in your tool bag!

Great ideas are public property so share your wealth of information here! A chance to really learn something from each other! Thanks Tug[addsig]

Well tug when I go out wheeling the main things that I carry are:

first aid kit

chains and tow straps

hooks

jack (stock jack for now...need to get a hi-lift)

tire tool (cross)

In my tool box:

450ftlb 1/2inch impact gun

150ftlb 3/8inch impact ratchet

1/2" impact socket set metric & standard

regular 3/8" socket set metric & standard

"backup" regular ratchets 1/2" and 3/8"

Assortment of wrenches metric & standard

Pliers regular and needle nose

Crescent wrench

Tire chuck for airing up/down

You never can be too prepared. Because of my on board air setup I can use impact tools....which really speeds up trail repairs.

Another thing that I think everyone should have is a fire extingusher...even if its just a cheapo. I don't have one yet but I am going to get one when I get the chance.

[addsig]

I usually bring a bunch of straps and chains, couple quarts of oil, my tool box, my 1,000,000 candle power spotlight, 2 maglights, Cell phone (one of the most important) ya know to call buddies if the guy you're with gets stuck.
image-missing.png
image-missing.png
[addsig]

I bring a tow strap, a tree saver, an extra D-ring, my small tool box filled with all the basics. I just started to bring extra oil and antifreeze after my friend ripped a hole in his oil pan. But the most important things I bring are WD-40, duct tape, and about 5 pairs of vicegrips.[addsig]

Here's one from my HazMat courses: a bar of soap if you spring a leak in your fuel tank (just as an example). Works as a decent temporary plug so you don't lose all your fuel. Patti
image-missing.png
[addsig]

A few things I have in my box, I rarley see in anybody elses are, automotive epoxy, super glue, quick start (for starting and cleaning), an old style rubber rope tire plug kit and my beloved 20 foot Sears jumper cable.

Volkswagon had a good idea, they published a tool list, that left out everything that didn´t work or fit on there vehicle. Made for a pretty compact tool box. Been thinking about going through my spare tools and making a Jeep box.

Oh, and don´t forget the worms and/or bullets.[addsig]

I usually try and carry a set of tools, tow strap and chains, and extra oil and some ATF fluid just in case as well. Allow with that I carry an assortment of zip ties and some duct tape. If whatever you broke can't be temporarily fixed with either a zip tie or some duct tape, consider it broken for a while....
image-missing.png
image-missing.png
image-missing.png
[addsig]

What are you talking about....

My Jeep IS my tool box!!!!!

Due to the amount of constant repairs one has to do on these things i pretty much have everything except my cordless drill in it right now...

Wait a min... I think THATS in there too!!![addsig]

My welders box! (a tall 20mm ammo can)contains my 35' cables, stinger & gnd, my goggles, slag hammer, wire brush, and battery charging clamp, rod container, various peices of steel, some small, some large. (for minor repairs) and balcalva. My welding hood.

Welding gloves are always in the jeep. My toolbox, sometimes I'll bring my impcat gun. Depending on the run. If it's a Rubicon trail run, then yeah, most everything comes. Including the blender! strap, clevis, snatch block, 10-15ft of chain, first aid bag

and beer (only for camp though!)really

Small tarp, for workin on. (Really helps when working on welding something on snow.) large tarp for when it rains/snows to cover jeep.

All the speciality tools needed for those odd areas that haven't been converted to SAE.

Don't have a tire patch kit yet, always stink about getting one though. Gas tank repair goop (it's a 2-part goo like epoxy) Works wonders! know this from experience!(Rubicon trail 2000) Mulitpul fuses

I'm sure there more, just can't stink of anymore to add just yet.

[addsig]

Back